6th June 2012, 10:54 AM
Help Needed with iPhoto and PS 5.5
Help needed with Mac and Photoshop.
I've just changed to Mac and have just installed Photoshop CS 5.5. I am encountering this problem...is it normal?
Issue:Is this the right workflow? If not....what can be done?
1. I transfer photos from CF card to iMac and it goes straight to iPhoto
2. I open Bridge...to see iPhoto and the folder with the newly transferred photos
3. I go to the folder and the photos but...can't open using Photoshop. (ACR is possible but not PS)
4. I go to PS and try 'File ---Open' but can't read into iPhoto (!!!)
5. So....I use iPhoto to export the photos out to the 'Pictures' directory under a new folder
6. THEN I use Photoshop to open---file and it can be done.
So....is it normal? Seems like it's a bane to use iPhoto for a PS person....or is there some configuration I need to do??? Once again...any help would be appreciated.....
(This is a repost from the General Tech thread.)