Thread: Kingston CF card

Default Kingston CF card

Hi...
    Just wondering is this brand of CF card good? Is $116 a good price for 1GB? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crysania
    Hi...
    Just wondering is this brand of CF card good? Is $116 a good price for 1GB? Thanks!
    Wow.. that's very cheap? Or is that the price now for 1GB CF card? I bought my Lexar 1GB CF card at close to $500 just one year back! Sobss.... Anyway, is Kington CF card still offering 5-years warranty?

Get the Kingston Elite Pro, only S$124 incld/GST for 1GB. The normal one is very slow. 4th storey Sim Lim Sq just near the escalators.

Speed of the Elite Pro in a 20D, it's quite decent.
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...?cid=6007-7303
    Last edited by 2100; 11th January 2005 at 12:10 AM.

Orr... ok... will ask my friend about Elite Pro. He got lobang for kingston so its cheaper.

If your camera does not support fast read/write, go the orange Kingston ... I'm still using 2 1GBs for my 10D ...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Goi
    If your camera does not support fast read/write, go the orange Kingston.
    Agree with Adam on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crysania
    Hi...
    I've got 1. If speed is not your concern, get this. For me, I just need the capacity. 3 FPS at 4 frames takes around 4 secs on my 300d....Not too bad

Quote Originally Posted by rainman
    I've got 1. If speed is not your concern, get this. For me, I just need the capacity. 3 FPS at 4 frames takes around 4 secs on my 300d....Not too bad
    how's it if compared to sandisk Ultra II ?

Thanks
    Canon 40D|17-55 f/2.8 IS|100 f/2.8 Macro|135 f/2L|300 f/4L IS|430ex|BG-E2

Where else can I buy the Elite Pro from Kingston? Best Bargain Computers no longer have the 1gb one...

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r
    Where else can I buy the Elite Pro from Kingston? Best Bargain Computers no longer have the 1gb one...
    That shop (actually 2 of them on the 4th sty) near the escalators no more already? That's fast, i counted at least 3 pcs this Monday. 2GB at 255 got about 5 pcs?

Hmm, i was thinking of getting additional storage for my camera. Deciding between getting 2 more pcs of 1gb CFs or getting a portage HDD storage (I have an extra pc of 10gb 2.5" HDD lying around). Which one is better?
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Definitely getting a portable HDD storage. Price vs Storage.

CF cards are better if u can afford it. You don't need to worry about putting all your eggs in the same basket. Dangerous stuff. Besides, they are so much lighter and u will need a spare CF to use while you are writing to the portable device.

It's good to have both ... whenever I away (out of country), I'll take the 2 CFs and a DA Lite with me!

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Hmm, i was thinking of getting additional storage for my camera. Deciding between getting 2 more pcs of 1gb CFs or getting a portage HDD storage (I have an extra pc of 10gb 2.5" HDD lying around). Which one is better?
    I find portable storage good. You can shoot in RAW!
    You need a lot of high capacity CFs if you do not have the HDD.