Thread: Saving photoshop self created plug in action scripts

Default Saving photoshop self created plug in action scripts

Need help
    Does anyone knows how to save photoshop self created plug in action scripts?
    Many thanks in advance
    Trigger

plug-in or action? not the same thing leh...

plug-ins are third party programmes that work with photoshop.

actions are recorded sequences of photoshop tools being used, e.g. autolevels then unsharp mask then save for web.

you talking about actions is it?

Hi Pai
    Thanks for your quick response
    I guess you are right - in that I am referring to the macro recording function that saves scripts into the action tab.
    I have been trying to figure how to save the scripts into *.atn files - as the action files are atn (from my limited understanding of photoshop.
    So you if you know how to save personally created recordings - would appreciate if you could share

Once again, thank you for responding
    Hope what I asking is clearer now

Cheers
    Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by pai
    plug-in or action? not the same thing leh...

plug-ins are third party programmes that work with photoshop.

actions are recorded sequences of photoshop tools being used, e.g. autolevels then unsharp mask then save for web.

you talking about actions is it?

argh, i spent a long time typing out detailed instructions about how to record actions, then finally realised that maybe all you wanted to know was how to get your actions into an .atn file...

ohwell. i think you can only save action sets, not individual actions in a set. so when you're making your actions, record them a new set, not in "default actions".

once you're done recording, select the set, then look for a button on the top right side of the actions window. it's a round button with a triangle on it, and it's just under the close window button.

click on that, and a menu should appear. choose "save actions", and choose the name and location of the .atn file.

hope that is what you need.

Yes Pai,
    Wonderful - you are a STAR !
    Thanks - did not realised that it was that simple!
    Trigger

argh, i spent a long time typing out detailed instructions about how to record actions, then finally realised that maybe all you wanted to know was how to get your actions into an .atn file...

ohwell. i think you can only save action sets, not individual actions in a set. so when you're making your actions, record them a new set, not in "default actions".

once you're done recording, select the set, then look for a button on the top right side of the actions window. it's a round button with a triangle on it, and it's just under the close window button.

click on that, and a menu should appear. choose "save actions", and choose the name and location of the .atn file.

And one more thing - appreciate your efforts in sharing