Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E300 review is out!!!

Nightpiper & Chancy

My sincere appreciation for sharing your experiences. At this stage, I am no more than an armchair theorist with regards to the E300 as I not yet privileged enough to own one... Yet. I am looking forward to contributing my experience to this forum when I get the chance to own one. Cheers!

dun just talk & no action.... go BUY! BUY! BUY! & SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT! then u will know what i mean by good colours. i m using my old nikkor glass on the E1 & the colour is still very good. so u can see now, even though other lenses look different but the colour Oly brings is really good.

i have posted some samples & its in the other thread: '55mm nikkor' in this forum. go check out how the colour looks. i can only say, Oly doesn't disappoint.

Last edited by nightpiper; 13th January 2005 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper
    dun just talk & no action.... go BUY! BUY! BUY! & SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT! then u will know what i mean by good colours. i m using my old nikkor glass on the E1 & the colour is still very good. so u can see now, even though other lenses look different but the colour Oly brings is really good.
    The last I looked at my list of Things to Buy, I found the refridgerator and the washing machine a couple of notches above the E300. Unless the camera can keep my food and clothes fresh, plus delivery the quality of the pictures you have demonstrated, it will probably take a while before I can take any action.

Quote Originally Posted by tert
    The last I looked at my list of Things to Buy, I found the refridgerator and the washing machine a couple of notches above the E300. Unless the camera can keep my food and clothes fresh, plus delivery the quality of the pictures you have demonstrated, it will probably take a while before I can take any action.
    Hi Tert,

What about Panasonic's FZ series of digicams ? Panasonic makes Fridges & Washing machines too :-) Buying all at once may give you the leverage to get a good price & ask them to throw in the digicam for free as well ;-)

I can understand, household expenses & loans do put a brake in my hobby too :-(

Sigh ... if only Olympus makes Fridges, Plasma TVs, Washing Machines, Steam irons, 5.1 Surround Sound Systems, SFF PCs, I might get an E300 free if I do a bulk purchase

Quote Originally Posted by chancy
    Hi Tert,

What about Panasonic's FZ series of digicams ? Panasonic makes Fridges & Washing machines too :-) Buying all at once may give you the leverage to get a good price & ask them to throw in the digicam for free as well ;-)
    Panasonic's no good... erm... Noise levels too high.

Quote Originally Posted by tert
    Panasonic's no good... erm... Noise levels too high.
    Noisy ? Are you referring to their refrigerators or washing machines

Cheers,

Totally agree with nightpiper.

You have to have hands on and see those photos for yourself. Oly colours are simply good!

I'm really happy with the level of details my E-300 deliver, even in JPEGs. I'm just quoting to those users who really wants to squeeze every ounce of juice out of E-300 in terms of details using Oly Studio. But practically, for my casual shooting, in-camera reduced 5MP JPEGs are already very-very sharp to me, and it's really sufficient most of the time.

So, at times when I really need to go for extreme quality, I can shoot RAW and process 'em in Oly Studio.

Since CF's are dirt cheap now, it allows my to shoot RAW+SHQ JPEGs. So when certain pics come out bad, I can still turn to the respective RAW. What a time saver, becoz I don't need to post-process every single one!

E1 uses 14-bit A/D, but E-300 only uses 12-bit (I guess). May be, the details and rich tones are the results utilizing Kodak's FFT CCD. FFT delivers better details and dynamic range.

Just a quick question: How do you mount the Nikkor on the E1? or maybe I
    should ask where do you get that adapter in S'pore?

Quote Originally Posted by nightpiper

i have posted some samples & its in the other thread: '55mm nikkor' in this forum. go check out how the colour looks. i can only say, Oly doesn't disappoint.

u can get the adaptor overseas on-line purchase. www.cameraquest.com

but i was very lucky, our fellow CSer serene, helped me to get it in japan. i got it slightly cheaper than US.

check out my older thread on this adaptor under 'nikkor glass on E1'.

nightpiper, thanks for the pointer. I am looking serious in getting the E300. Right now there seems to be no promotion from Olympus but the free gifts are given away by the Shop instead. Still the standard 1 year warranty and with a E300 digital course?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123