Thread: Need Calibration? - iMac Monitor

Default Need Calibration? - iMac Monitor

Hi....just switched over to an iMac.

Just curious if an iMac monitor needs calibration....since Macs are often used for design etc...

If so...anyone out there offering monitor calibration service?

Thanks for your advise in advance.

Default Re: Need Calibration? - iMac Monitor

Quote Originally Posted by dimsim View Post

Just curious if an iMac monitor needs calibration....since Macs are often used for design etc...

Check services but usually macs already come with color profiles so before you do anything, try printing something on a callibrated printer to see what you print is the same color as what you see on screen.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by dimsim View Post

1. irregardless of what monitor you are using, you still need to calibrate it once a while. All monitors will lose their color accuracy after some time, even new ones.
    2. monitor calibration is on-going, most calibration software will prompt you to perform another round of calibration after 2 weeks or a month.
    3. based on point 2, you definitely need to own the calibrator... you cannot just grab from someone and expect your monitor to be perfect forever.

Just treat your monitor as your car... you need to send in for servicing once a while to ensure optimal performance, and you need to service regularly.
    Fujifilm X-Pro2 Graphite, X-Pro1
    XF 14/2.8, 18/2, 23/2, 35/1.4, 56/1.2, 60/2.4, 55-200/3.5-4.8

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Check services but usually macs already come with color profiles so before you do anything, try printing something on a callibrated printer to see what you print is the same color as what you see on screen.
    1) Those colour profiles serve a completely different purpose .. has nothing to do / completely unusable for display accuracy.
    2) Our eyes are far from being an accurate tool to compare colours.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    1) Those colour profiles serve a completely different purpose .. has nothing to do / completely unusable for display accuracy.
    2) Our eyes are far from being an accurate tool to compare colours.
    I am just thinking from the low budget point of view. If monitor color is not 100% accurate but print output is, at least that is the proof which can be used when send in the prints.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Thanks for your comments...looks like if I may need to get some serious calibration done. But I guess meantime...will try to get some prints out and compare. Thanks again.

....right now...am struggling with another problem....but that's for another thread.

Thanks again.