Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: New f2.8 nikon len coming up?

  1. #41
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New f2.8 nikon len coming up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Hope it won't get disappointed after one year old.
    most of my lenses i have shot in rain before. some are several years old. no problems, no disappointments.

  2. #42
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    most of my lenses i have shot in rain before. some are several years old. no problems, no disappointments.
    Ha ha did you mop with dry clothes after shooting and keep it in the dry cabinet.

    Cause I have my 18-70mm DX internal getting rust, do you believed?

  3. #43
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Sorry to all here, I'm not chat with this brother.

    BTW I'm stop here, please keep this up.

  4. #44
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New f2.8 nikon len coming up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Ha ha did you mop with dry clothes after shooting and keep it in the dry cabinet.

    Cause I have my 18-70mm DX internal getting rust, do you believed?
    18-70 is not weather sealed....

  5. #45

    Default Re: New f2.8 nikon len coming up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Sorry to all here, I'm not chat with this brother.

    BTW I'm stop here, please keep this up.
    better stop, cos the more you post the more I'm lost.

    Thanks for the cooperation.

  6. #46
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New f2.8 nikon len coming up?

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn View Post
    better stop, cos the more you post the more I'm lost.

    Thanks for the cooperation.
    Good to know I am not the only one that is confused.

  7. #47

    Default Re: New f2.8 nikon len coming up?

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    There is a reason why they did not do IF for 24-70. If not, they would have already done it.

    I believe if you make it IF, the lens will be very big and heavy.
    It's due to the range of the equipment, if you cover it up, at the wide end, you will have severe vignetting. This design is inherent, even on the older AF-S 28-70 and Canon 24-70 as well.

  8. #48
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New f2.8 nikon len coming up?

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    It's due to the range of the equipment, if you cover it up, at the wide end, you will have severe vignetting. This design is inherent, even on the older AF-S 28-70 and Canon 24-70 as well.
    well, our brother rain3355 here don't seems to understand that...

    It can be done though, just that len elements will need to be much larger.. making the lens a lot heavier and bigger, to a point it stops becoming viable.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th June 2012 at 06:03 PM.

  9. #49
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533
    Sorry to all here, I'm not chat with this brother.

    BTW I'm stop here, please keep this up.
    Its ok. U shud really take a backseat, relax n chill.

    We r trying hard to understand wat u haf posted since u said u typed in 'simple english'.

    Relax n stick to the discussion.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  10. #50
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    my angenieux 28-70 is internal zoom n focus.

    Think some older lenses r designed tis way.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  11. #51
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

    Ha ha did you mop with dry clothes after shooting and keep it in the dry cabinet.

    Cause I have my 18-70mm DX internal getting rust, do you believed?
    I belif the 18-70 isn't 'weather sealed'.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #52
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

    Its ok. U shud really take a backseat, relax n chill.

    We r trying hard to understand wat u haf posted since u said u typed in 'simple english'.

    Relax n stick to the discussion.
    No point to discussion here

    Wait for new topic, will be continue ke ke..

  13. #53

    Default Re: New f2.8 nikon len coming up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    No point to discussion here

    Wait for new topic, will be continue ke ke..
    No point having a discussion here.

    Wait for new topic, to be continue....

  14. #54
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn

    No point having a discussion here.

    Wait for new topic, to be continue....
    Thanks to resolving..

  15. #55
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

    No point to discussion here

    Wait for new topic, will be continue ke ke..
    Ok. Sure, as long as ur boat floats, anything goes.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  16. #56
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

    Ok. Sure, as long as ur boat floats, anything goes.
    Yap what can do, since our bother bored at all,
    I'm just accompany him.

  17. #57
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533

    Yap what can do, since our bother bored at all,
    I'm just accompany him.
    Off topic. Lets keep to the discussion.

    Thanks!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #58
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Hai... Dunno when the Nikon will announce of 18mm , 20mm f2.8G & 24mm f2.8G & 35mm f2G.

    For easy to carry travels lens.

  19. #59

    Default

    Canon already has vr for its 24mm prime lens .. sometimes i just feel like crossing over.

  20. #60
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nanof4
    Canon already has vr for its 24mm prime lens .. sometimes i just feel like crossing over.
    Are you really need 24mm f2.8 with IS?

    Don't forget this lens is non L lens
    Last edited by rain5533; 29th June 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •