Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast

Thread: Imagine L’Eau d’Issey Photography Competition Spring 2005

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i was not at the briefing this evening, though my rep collected the perfume product. can update me with the details of the briefing? thanks.

surprise when i open the box, no vibrant colours and 'uninteresting' shape. what a challenge!
    most of the details r already on the Entry Form and the other paper tat she gave us. i think she mentioned she don't want just a simple picture of the perfume bottle itself, sumthing more creative.

Stated in the Entry form also says that "Entries percieved to have extensive manipulations will be disqualified and the one bottle of L'Eau d'Issey EDT 100ml should be return to Luxasia."

so that bottle of perfume isn't a kinda prize for the top 50 after all ?

how true that is should be portrait orientation?

i was not at the briefing this evening, though my rep collected the perfume product. can update me with the details of the briefing? thanks.

surprise when i open the box, no vibrant colours and 'uninteresting' shape. what a challenge!
    Yeah man. Agree about the very challenging subject. Need to spend some time coming up with some idea now

how true that is should be portrait orientation?
    Doesn't seem to be stated in the papers though. Hmm ...

So we just send in a CD with the images, no need to print?

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    Doesn't seem to be stated in the papers though. Hmm ...

So we just send in a CD with the images, no need to print?
    the contest form r & r no 1. 'photographs and CDs'. no mention of what size photographs though.

the contest form r & r no 1. 'photographs and CDs'. no mention of what size photographs though.
    now it's getting more confusing

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    now it's getting more confusing
    i will stick to what the form says.

So the bottle is not free and must return to office after deadline? Not sure worth the effort to go collect now. Somemore must fork out money to print large sized photo.

again, no mention of size in the form.

Quote Originally Posted by shutterfly
    So the bottle is not free and must return to office after deadline? Not sure worth the effort to go collect now. Somemore must fork out money to print large sized photo.
    No. no. you will only be required to return the bottle if your photo is rejected due to heavy manipulation in post-processing. Else you can keep it and do whatever you want with it

Quote Originally Posted by Diet
    Should be a Portrait and not landscape.....
    I don't recall she mentioned about Portrait orientation.

Quote Originally Posted by Diet
    Should be a Portrait and not landscape.....
    Huh? Should be portrait ah? Don't remember hearing Luxasia lady say it and don't remember reading that in entry form.

Is this a MUST or just a suggestion?

If landscape cannot, there goes some of my idea... but I guess can turn my ideas 90º CW or CCW.

Hi ppl! Congrats to all who got in!

I promised Jingwen to help her post the 2 sheets of info here.

For those who didn't get it, please download from the following link:

http://www.limepixels.com/clubsnap_p...y%20miyake.pdf

It provides some examples of "concept" that I think are basically for references.

All the best!

Hi Guys,

Regarding the "Portrait Orientation" submission criteria:

It is true that your final submission has to be in "Portrait Orientation". The criteria is not stated on paper, it was last minute, and the organizer forgot to mention to some of you last night, she did ask me tell you guys here. The reason is due to limited exhibition space for 30 A2 size pictures. Please tell your friends.

Ok, this is just a guide (is subjective, just "rules of thumb”). Since the final output is A2 size, 420 x 594 mm 16.5 x 23.4 in. If you are using a 6mp DSLR, you should be fine if you submit a 3000x2000 pixel tiff file.

Blog Entries

Thanks to Mocha and the rest of the members who helped to arrange the meetup with Luxasia - I have to admit that I totally missed her email on Tuesday.

As there are some points of confusion on the terms, R & Rs, etc, I will try to clarify with Jing Wen today and post for everyone.

Lightbulb

as time is limited, we would like to hear only official r & rs. pls leave unofficial ones out. in the absence of further official r & rs, i will follow the r & rs on the contest form very closely. other than that, the rest is up to my discretion. hope this will prevent further confusions.

Default iam stuck!!!!

Hey guys sory for my english iam not gd i english hope u guys understand.

Well iam using de A75 Canon but it is not possible to print up to A2 size.
    Cos i just went to de Canon Digital Hub and they say For A75 impossible cos it will have a fizzy or sumthing like that and thats what they told me, but for de SLR sure can do and print up to A2size..
    Can anyone help me to let me used SLR camera for my still life...I am now outside de PS. Cos right now my computer cant be used anymore spoil...
    Pls call me ASAP 90234497..... ..

regards..diet

Blog Entries

Default Clarification of Terms for Final Phase

Hi,

I Just spoke to Jing Wen to clarify some of the points brought up by members and these are the clarifications.

1. Those who received a bottle must submit their entries for the final phase.

2. Orientation of the image is PORTRAIT

3. Photographers to submit TWO DIFFERENT compositions/images.

4. Images to be provided on SOFTCOPY (TIFF format) on CD. Can also include a print (4R) for reference purposes.

5. Image size is A2 :-
    At 300dpi that translates to approximately 7050 pixels (height) x 4960 pixels (width)
    At 240dpi that translates to approximately 5460 pixels (height) x 3970 pixels (width)

Please field any additional questions you may have here and I will try to liaise and/or answer them.

can submit BLACK AND WHITE?

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    3. Photographers can submit UP TO TWO DIFFERENT compositions/images.
    We can submit only ONE image?

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456710 ... LastLast