Imagine L’Eau d’Issey Photography Competition Spring 2005
Announcing a photo competition for all ClubSNAP members!! Luxasia Pte Ltd is organizing photography competition to illustrate the best aspects of Issey Miyake’s L’Eau d’Issey fragrance and to showcase the pureness and elegance of its bottle design.
How the competition works
Photographers are invited to submit examples of their product shot images showcasing their talent in still life photography and Luxasia will then select 50 photographers who will each be given a bottle of L’Eau D’Issey (worth S$142.00) for them to work with and photograph. 30 best entries will then be selected and will be exhibited at Centrepoint atrium from 22 March 2005 to 27 March 2005 where the public will be invited to vote for their favorite image. The image with the highest number of votes wins the competition.
Top Prize: S$3000 cash
Consolation Prizes: A 125ml L’Eau d’Issey Pour Homme (worth $116.00) will be given to each of the other 29 finalists.
Timelines and Deadlines:-
12th January to 31st January : Pre-Selection Phase - Submission of entries for pre-selection.
1st February to 7th February : Pre-selection of photographers by Luxasia and notification of selected photographers.
8th February to 28th February : Competition Phase - Submission of images by selected photographers.
22nd March to 27th March : Exhibition of images at Centrepoint atrium.
15th April : Announcement of Results.
Rules and Regulations
1. Pre-Selection Phase
- Interested photographers to submit TWO (2) images of 8R size to Luxasia (see entry form for mailing address) for pre-selection. All entries are non-returnable.
- Please write your full name, IC/Passport number, phone number and contact address at the back of the images for identification and contact purposes.
- Images submitted during this phase are for pre-selection only and will not be used by Luxasia for any other purpose. Copyright of images remains with photographer.
- Luxasia will select 50 photographers from the entries submitted for the next phase of the competition.
- Each selected photographer will receive a bottle of L”Eau d’Issey for use in their photography works.
2. Competition Phase
- Selected photographers to submit ONE (1) image as entry to the competition in the following formats:-
- Softcopy in TIFF format on CDROM
- Printed Image - size to be confirmed
- Entries must be original works by photographers and not previously exhibited or published in printed communications or entered into prior competitions.
- No digital manipulation (eg compositing, etc) of images are allowed. Images which are perceived to be heavily manipulated will be disqualified. Basic image adjustments (contrast, brightness, slight color adjustment) are permissible.
- Copyright of images submitted in the competition phase will belong to Luxasia Pte Ltd.
We are finalising the Pre-Selection Phase entry form with Luxasia and will update with the link to download as soon as possible. In the meantime, members can start preparing for the competition - go through your still life collection to see if you have suitable images to submit, or go take some in preparation.