Thread: Need Help from CONTAX SLR users..

Default Need Help from CONTAX SLR users..

Hello...

I just got a hold of some Tessar MM lenses cheap, and was wondering which body would be good for me, i was considering between the Flagship RTS III mmmmm , the AX and the RX...

Perhaps anyone could shed light on these 3 bodies, reliability, price and perhaps where to get besides TCW?

thanks to all...

I saw a few Yashica bodies (FR sereis) at Fee Fee House of Photographics (same row, next block as KT Colour in Chinatown).

Default hmmm

Well, not persay the yashika bodies, was looking more into the Contax line of SLRs, namely the RTSIII and Rx... i don't think singapore ever carried this line of slrs before.... hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by F5user
    Well, not persay the yashika bodies, was looking more into the Contax line of SLRs, namely the RTSIII and Rx... i don't think singapore ever carried this line of slrs before.... hmmmm
    if you don't mind, can look for nd hand body. There are quite a few around penisular area, TCW have quite a lot of 167mt body and quite a few other model too.

If $ is not a problem then it is RTS III. No need to think long then think wrong

RTS3 would have the brightest view finder, but also weigh the most. AX is not any lighter, either. ST is probably is of equal build quality, designed with RTS3's shutter mechanism, and lowest cost among the top Contax bodies.

In any situation, it would not hurt to have a S2 as a backup mechanical camera. For now, it can be the starter...

Got a Contax RX in late 2000, good weight and soild body.

But sold it off mid 2001 ( less then a year, still under warranty period )

Reason : Camera shutter got squeak sound after using less then a year.
    Sound produce from shutter as if no lubrication or rusty mechanism
    from camera.

I got no experience with other contax body , best is to get more feedback from contax users.

Many thanks to all...

i'll probably save up for the RTS III then... tried it out in the shop that day, and in my opinion, that's one of the fastest, most solid cameras i've held.. beats a 1v to hell, and even the f5, shutter lag is almost non existant... !!!

thanks to all for their input.. =)