Page 30 of 104 FirstFirst ... 52025282930313235405580 ... LastLast

Thread: Chit Chat Thread #1

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Next time, set your 300d to manual focus lah! You'll shoot better that way anyway!
    the trick to manual focusing is to open both eyes and focus. then close one eye to check...BUT wasnt doing tat trick yesterday...sometimes...FORGOT TO FOCUS!!!!!
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    so should i tell you how many shots i took?

...i think you know already...ok nvrmind he he he...
    you really MIA yesterday? i was really wondering what you'll shoot with that lense?
    however, i got lost with the REDS that i see...nearly drowned me...
    i think by the time u guys reach the market, I looped back to the starting point liao. It was getting late and my shots were drying up 'cos i make it a point to shoot only people.

I find the 85 really tight for first time use. Good for half-portraits, just that i'm too used to the 50 perspective right now.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    i think by the time u guys reach the market, I looped back to the starting point liao. It was getting late and my shots were drying up 'cos i make it a point to shoot only people.

I find the 85 really tight for first time use. Good for half-portraits, just that i'm too used to the 50 perspective right now.
    at 85...standing 2 m plus minus for portraits...if someone blocks you...with your eye still looking thru the viewfinder, just move forward until u KOK the person blocking you with the 85mm. At least, ppl will get the msg clearer.

*/man...i think someone asked me how come i'm so free to surf...frankly, i'm really bz rite now./*

oh cool...now i know...the method i did for merging/masking different channels of b/w images is called "Split Grain" in traditional b/w dev...wah...that's cool to know...he he

at 85...standing 2 m plus minus for portraits...if someone blocks you...with your eye still looking thru the viewfinder, just move forward until u KOK the person blocking you with the 85mm. At least, ppl will get the msg clearer.

*/man...i think someone asked me how come i'm so free to surf...frankly, i'm really bz rite now./*
    i enjoy composing at half. full just adds more problems into your frame & I don't need the legs anyway.

Looks like you're trying to hold off till lunch time.

oh cool...now i know...the method i did for merging/masking different channels of b/w images is called "Split Grain" in traditional b/w dev...wah...that's cool to know...he he
    I'm gonna bug you for that malay encek portrait workflow again cos it is now hidden along with the old thread

eh, post that nice pic and the workflow again leh.

SO...

1. open image then level (using the master RGB) as abt such:

shadows: Slide to the foot of the Shadow histogram or slightly more shadow
    midtones: varies from 0.9-1.3...depends on pict exposure
    highlights: Slide to the foot of the Highlight histogram or slightly more highlight

"Just ensure that you have a good balance of shadows and highlights with your new
    midtone value"

2. Add 1st Channel Mixer adjustment layer for the skin.
    Click MONOCHROME and set as abt such:

Red: 70-85%
    Green: 20-30%
    Blue: 5-10%

"The above values are good for slight fair to slight dark skin tones.
    This setting will blow out most parts of the picts, but dont care, as long as you get the right exposure for the skins,
    esp the face...if the hand is over a bit, it's still ok, but only a bit. just ensure
    that the RBG value for the almost white area is not 255 flat!"

3. Make a new layer called SKIN and merge visible (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E) and OFF the layer

4. Add 2nd Channel mixer layer for the overall pict.
    For this, i usually set abt

Red: 30 or 70% (varies)
    Green: 70 or 30% (varies)
    Blue: 0-10% ... depends on pict cos it might blow out white areas

Note: if you set Red at 30, you set Green at 70 and vice versa or both level out
    at 50%

5. Make a new layer called OVERALL and merge visible (Ctrl+Shift+Alt+E)

6. Turn on the SKIN layer and move it to the top, and move the OVERALL layer just below it.

7. Click on the SKIN layer and click the "MASK ICON".
    A Masking layer will appear beside the thumbnail on the SKIN layer.

8. Use the BRUSH TOOL (soft edges), set colour to BLACK and adjust the OPACITY to you liking,
    and start masking, BUT do NOT mask the skin areas.

You'll notice that areas masked will show the OVERALL layer's tone.
    Thus, you are selectively blending the two layers.

9. Make the final layer called FINAL IMAGE and merge visible. You're Done!

NOTE: If anyone of you are using those lousy Canon kit lenses, u can enhance the optic's
    performance in PS by applying USM at
    Percentage: 150%
    Radius: 1
    Threshold: 5-20 (Varies) - I usually use 5
    The above setting works well with a Canon 500N 28-80 or 70-300 kit lenses.
    The HALO is slight to average...and is exceptable (unless if you are trained to look for HALOS)
    even on 8R SUPER prints.

So have fun!!! This workflow is only valid for those in this thread only.

i enjoy composing at half. full just adds more problems into your frame & I don't need the legs anyway.

Looks like you're trying to hold off till lunch time.
    hold till lunch...then work a little...then hold until 5.30...then ZOOM to novena square...go for Dinner...then 6.30, off to KL, via 2nd link...by 7.30, should get pass the malaysia customs...then 2.5hrs ride...10-15 toilet break...then another 2-2.5 hrs ride to Bangsar....then FINALLY...MEET MY WIFE!!!!

Tmr, go jalan-jalan...at nite...start packing her things...sunday morning, pack more things...then lunch...abt 4-4.30pm...off to bangsar...go for early dinner at maybe bangsar village (again cos really nice place, like HV only BIGGER)...6.30 off to Singapore...should reach SG by 10.30pm+...be at novena sq again by 11.30...be home abt 12.00 midnite.

on monday...TAKE MC!!! he he he

hold till lunch...then work a little...then hold until 5.30...then ZOOM to novena square...go for Dinner...then 6.30, off to KL, via 2nd link...by 7.30, should get pass the malaysia customs...then 2.5hrs ride...10-15 toilet break...then another 2-2.5 hrs ride to Bangsar....then FINALLY...MEET MY WIFE!!!!

Tmr, go jalan-jalan...at nite...start packing her things...sunday morning, pack more things...then lunch...abt 4-4.30pm...off to bangsar...go for early dinner at maybe bangsar village (again cos really nice place, like HV only BIGGER)...6.30 off to Singapore...should reach SG by 10.30pm+...be at novena sq again by 11.30...be home abt 12.00 midnite.

safe trip

Have fun wor

So have fun!!! This workflow is only valid for those in this thread only.
    whoa! got licensing restriction one!

btw...It was really horrible taking out tha 120 roll fr the WOCA...ha ha...i suddenly feel that....i shouldnt bring my 300D...should have whack 120 slides with the Woca for tmr...mayb nx time

btw again, Fox...holga can take at nite or not? u ever used flash?

btw...again again...thks for thebest of wishes for the safe journey...but i do prefer if you wish god give me some idea on what to shoot too. cos now...my brain is rather blank...

btw...It was really horrible taking out tha 120 roll fr the WOCA...ha ha...i suddenly feel that....i shouldnt bring my 300D...should have whack 120 slides with the Woca for tmr...mayb nx time

btw again, Fox...holga can take at nite or not? u ever used flash?

btw...again again...thks for thebest of wishes for the safe journey...but i do prefer if you wish god give me some idea on what to shoot too. cos now...my brain is rather blank...
    I still feel horrible trying to pull out 120 rolls from my holga now. slowly getting better though.

I shot with my Sb22 on my holga before, AND also at night with a light source nearby. You'll need ISO much faster than 400, that's my recommendation firstly. Use flash as fill-in, NOT as the primary (don't think you'll get anything useful). Holga is like f8 1/100. not slow enough.
    Last edited by foxtwo; 14th January 2005 at 03:02 PM.

hey cal, forgot to return u that rubber doodad on the canon strap.

hey cal, forgot to return u that rubber doodad on the canon strap.
    No worries.... Pick it up from you some other time.

i've jus decided not to work now, cos dont feel like working

Highlights from last night shoot.

Temple Door - yes I know not enough DOF

Chinatown Lights - this is what I get for pointing my lens in the sky

Chinese Lup Chong Stall

Angmo Lup Chong Stall - right opposite

Angmo Lup Chong Cook

XO Pork Leg

Spinning Bee

the Ang Mo Cook was funny...

enjoy your trip khairi