Thread: Apartment

Default Apartment

blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Default kettle in the apartment

I like the crease shot. Your kettle, too much stove, not enuff kettle. What made you forgo your simple composition here?

Other than the first shot, your second shot have some potential of telling more than the picture can. However, the top left most sticker imprint on the wall is too distracting. You could either clear it away or could try giving it a tighter crop.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    I like the crease shot. Your kettle, too much stove, not enuff kettle. What made you forgo your simple composition here?
    after much thought...i think, i have to agree with you that it's not balance. too much stove and not enuff kettle. If i had emphasize more on the kettle and the stove as a suggestive subject, the 'simple composition' would be consistent.

thks.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat
    Other than the first shot, your second shot have some potential of telling more than the picture can. However, the top left most sticker imprint on the wall is too distracting. You could either clear it away or could try giving it a tighter crop.
    i wasnt sure abt those sticker imprints...not sure if i should take it out or just leave it as it is...I hope to get more comments on that pict and the kettle shot.

i just realised today that I did not manage to gather much subject to form a balance series...not a prob...will have a go nx time. again.

I admit it looks a little strange as it is... not because of the top-left sticker... can't put my finger on it. Maybe some part of me brain just wanting some subject to be on the left.

However, I think the sticker shot is OKAY. The feel that something used to be there, u'know, a stark comparison, etc. A morbid feel, the phone is next to go... the rest will fall to ruin.... the shadows add to the mood.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    I admit it looks a little strange as it is... not because of the top-left sticker... can't put my finger on it. Maybe some part of me brain just wanting some subject to be on the left.

However, I think the sticker shot is OKAY. The feel that something used to be there, u'know, a stark comparison, etc. A morbid feel, the phone is next to go... the rest will fall to ruin.... the shadows add to the mood.
    i think...it could be solved with a tighter crop.

what you've said is the exact idea that i had...the 'missing thing' nex to the phone.

Hey bro I like the crease (sofa) shot.

Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    i think...it could be solved with a tighter crop.

what you've said is the exact idea that i had...the 'missing thing' nex to the phone.
    not true... a tighter crop will ruin the phone & switches.

hey man, what was that crack about the GIII?

i like the phone and switches shot. gives me that feeling of isolation.

the only way to contact the outside is through the phone, the only way to see is to switch on a light, and the only way to breath is to turn on the fan.

i'd crop out the 5th tape mark and leave the other 4 (note 3 appliances switches, 4 tape marks) gives some balance and the marks show that something used to be there and now it's gone. once again that feeling of being isolated. i'd burn the phone and wire abit, and dodge the shadows a tad, to enhance the 'mood'.

just my suggestions.

hmmm... makes me wanna call somebody.
    Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present.
    The toys

i like tat kettle shot...cool

Default Suggestion for kettle

Great pics as always!!

Just an idea for an alternative shot of the kettle.. perhaps focusing on the side of the kettle so that you can see a reflection of something in the background? A pot maybe? So that it can complete the saying " the pot calling the kettle black" which is not in this case.. *mumbling*

dude!!! you are coming up with many striking b/w mood shots lately!

are these shot on b/w? in any case, really like the "printing"..loads of punchy blacks n whites.

are you shooting with your rangefinder? just a small nitpick..still have a ningling bit about the slight 'swelling' effect of the lens...especially with straight lines. perhaps can digitally correct them? would be ..perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    dude!!! you are coming up with many striking b/w mood shots lately!

are these shot on b/w? in any case, really like the "printing"..loads of punchy blacks n whites.

are you shooting with your rangefinder? just a small nitpick..still have a ningling bit about the slight 'swelling' effect of the lens...especially with straight lines. perhaps can digitally correct them? would be ..perfect!!
    the swelling effect is just the small prob...cos shot using 300D with that EF-S 18-55 if using my rangefinder it'll b different...and btw how do you know i got a rangefinder? ...the barrel distortion, with the 300D kit lens, is visible from 18 to abt 35mm...and that was the only lense i had that day...all shot was taken in KL anyway.

i dont have a gd software to correct those 'swellings'..can you suggest?

i replied to your posts before, and you did mention you had a RF camera

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/ try it! (photoshop plugin, also have standalone version if you don't have a copy of PS)

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    i replied to your posts before, and you did mention you had a RF camera

http://epaperpress.com/ptlens/ try it! (photoshop plugin, also have standalone version if you don't have a copy of PS)
    that's a BIG THKS for you liao...