Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 244

Thread: Broke yet another screen protector.

  1. #161

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    me too. in one universe there's many ways to define a professional photographer

    in the other, you need to know how to climb trees to be a professional photographer. you also need to sit in a tree for ages to scare people and while doing that, break your LCD Screen Protector
    So in summary.

    1. climb a tree
    2. break a screen protector 3 and above (without knowing it)
    3. Clean your gear on monday.

    if met above requirement, that's it! you are a PRO!

  2. #162

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    I have the feeling this thread takes place in two parallel universes.
    It just happens. In the end, up to you whether you willing to climb a tree, break a couple of lcd protectors, dont even know how it happened...All just to take images that might be the one that makes the cut.
    Last edited by Reportage; 5th June 2012 at 03:12 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  3. #163

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn View Post
    So in summary.

    1. climb a tree
    2. break a screen protector 3 and above (without knowing it)
    3. Clean your gear on monday.

    if met above requirement, that's it! you are a PRO!
    You might want to consult a therapist/specialist if from all our discussion that is the conclusion you have come out with. Jokes aside, if you really want to commit...doesnt hurt to phone the event organiser or send an email to try your luck in applying. The biggest journeys start from the smallest of steps.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  4. #164

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    It just happens. In the end, up to you whether you willing to climb a tree, break a couple of lcd protectors, dont even know how it happened...All just to take images that might be the one that makes the cut.
    but if I'm not willing to climb a tree and break my screen protector, can i still be a pro?

  5. #165

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn View Post
    So in summary.

    1. climb a tree
    2. break a screen protector 3 and above (without knowing it)
    3. Clean your gear on monday.

    if met above requirement, that's it! you are a PRO!

  6. #166

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn View Post
    but if I'm not willing to climb a tree and break my screen protector, can i still be a pro?
    Then you are just not cut out to be one.

  7. #167

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn View Post
    but if I'm not willing to climb a tree and break my screen protector, can i still be a pro?


    definitely you can...just that whether can make ends meet or not. That is the risk i take to sell my services in competitive SG.
    Last edited by Reportage; 5th June 2012 at 03:18 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  8. #168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn

    but if I'm not willing to climb a tree and break my screen protector, can i still be a pro?
    No committed to capturing "the expression" how to be pro? You should be getting plastic LCD protector instead!

  9. #169

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    later, i'm going out to buy 30GGS screen protectors.

    i'm going to carry my A850 and hide in a tree, wearing nothing but my underwear.

    i'll sit on the highest branch, maybe 3 floors up

    i'll shout to people and take their surprised pictures, while swinging my camera around till it hits something and i unknowingly break the GGS screen protector. i'll then create a thread in ClubSNAP saying i just broke another one.

    then i'll clean the camera, then proceed to replace the GGS.

    then i'll just repeat the process until i break all 30 of them.

    i'll climb down the tree, and post on ClubSNAP.... i'm 10 times a PRO!

  10. #170

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by pansbulcem View Post
    No committed to capturing "the expression" how to be pro? You should be getting plastic LCD protector instead!
    From what i learnt several posts up, Nikon includes those with the camera. Any ideas why no one else does?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  11. #171

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    later, i'm going out to buy 30GGS screen protectors.

    i'm going to carry my A850 and hide in a tree, wearing nothing but my underwear.

    i'll sit on the highest branch, maybe 3 floors up

    i'll shout to people and take their surprised pictures, while swinging my camera around till it hits something and i unknowingly break the GGS screen protector. i'll then create a thread in ClubSNAP saying i just broke another one.

    then i'll clean the camera, then proceed to replace the GGS.

    then i'll just repeat the process until i break all 30 of them.

    i'll climb down the tree, and post on ClubSNAP.... i'm 10 times a PRO!
    and your bra.

  12. #172

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    later, i'm going out to buy 30GGS screen protectors.

    i'm going to carry my A850 and hide in a tree, wearing nothing but my underwear.

    i'll sit on the highest branch, maybe 3 floors up

    i'll shout to people and take their surprised pictures, while swinging my camera around till it hits something and i unknowingly break the GGS screen protector. i'll then create a thread in ClubSNAP saying i just broke another one.

    then i'll clean the camera, then proceed to replace the GGS.

    then i'll just repeat the process until i break all 30 of them.

    i'll climb down the tree, and post on ClubSNAP.... i'm 10 times a PRO!
    I agree, you will be on the news, TV, chatrooms and social media websites for weeks to come. Whatever you say, people will listen. If you have a blog, i would subscribe then.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  13. #173

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    From what i learnt several posts up, Nikon includes those with the camera. Any ideas why no one else does?
    It's a secret conspiracy to prevent too many Nikon users from going Pro. That's why you see so many more Canon Pros!

  14. #174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage

    From what i learnt several posts up, Nikon includes those with the camera. Any ideas why no one else does?
    Why? Because they got no luck in meeting you and asking you how to go pro.

  15. #175
    Senior Member fatigue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Blk138 Bedok North Ave3
    Posts
    2,924

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    A very funny thread
    to TS for being such a sport.


    BTW, I don't want to be a pro....
    9815-1974
    FB: Hilos Camera Repair

  16. #176

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scintillation View Post
    It's a secret conspiracy to prevent too many Nikon users from going Pro. That's why you see so many more Canon Pros!
    In Malaysia events, Nikon users outnumber Canon users while in SG, its usually the opposite. I wonder....
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  17. #177

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by fatigue View Post
    A very funny thread
    to TS for being such a sport.
    BTW, I don't want to be a pro....
    You are more atas, you are a specialist...the goto guy when **** happens to people gear. If you ever conduct a course on maintenance again, do give a PM. If i can make it on the day, i wont fly airplane one.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  18. #178

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    You are more atas, you are a specialist...the goto guy when **** happens to people lens. If you ever conduct a course on maintenance again, do give a PM. If i can make it on the day, i wont fly airplane one.
    so you gonna do your maintenance on a tree also?

  19. #179

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    i'm going to carry my A850 and hide in a tree, wearing nothing but my underwear.
    Yes please, I don't want to know what's under Kei's undies. ;-)

  20. #180

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by nicorn View Post
    so you gonna do your maintenance on a tree also?
    If thats what the master says, who am i to disagree. In the end i am there to pick up a skill.
    Last edited by Reportage; 5th June 2012 at 03:42 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 47891011 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •