Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 244

Thread: Broke yet another screen protector.

  1. #61

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    I'm not convinced of glass screen protectors. They scatter relatively easy and sometimes damage the screen itself.

    I hope that's not the product shot.
    It is not the product shot, if you know what i mean

    Just waiting for Gorilla glass to enter the camera lcd market. My guess is that with the millions of phones in production, not enough gorilla glass around for the possible millions of cameras out there.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  2. #62
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    I have always gotten the point but thus far i think it has gotten me nowhere. Now i have a very healthy balance sheet at months end and enough sleep. And i dont even have to negotiate rates nowadays, either my rates or find another guy.

    To compromise, i am willing to admit that there are things other photographers can do that i cannot / wont do and there are things that i can do that they cannot / wont do. That is my niche market on this small island though soon enough, i might be going places.

    Awesome... and congrats on going places!

    While you are at it, please remember to continually to improve your picture taking skill... and don't let your own excitement get to your own head.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th June 2012 at 01:13 PM.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    It is not the product shot, if you know what i mean

    Just waiting for Gorilla glass to enter the camera lcd market. My guess is that with the millions of phones in production, not enough gorilla glass around for the possible millions of cameras out there.
    Gorilla is just a brand name. I'm sure there lots of companies that produce glass like that without fancy names. In your case I would recommend a screen protector made of bulletproof glass with protection level VIII.

  4. #64

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Gorilla is just a brand name. I'm sure there lots of companies that produce glass like that without fancy names. In your case I would recommend a screen protector made of bulletproof glass with protection level VIII.
    top it up with kevlar body armour.

  5. #65
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    top it up with kevlar body armour.

  6. #66
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    It is not the product shot, if you know what i mean

    Just waiting for Gorilla glass to enter the camera lcd market. My guess is that with the millions of phones in production, not enough gorilla glass around for the possible millions of cameras out there.
    u should pray for the camera manufactors to start building their LCD screen with Gorilla glass, that way, u dun even need a screen protector! Since hp can. why not cameras right?

    but then... slowly wait.

  7. #67

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    lol..
    accidents do happen, when i shoot with 2 cameras
    broke 2 lcd too.

    but for TS not knowing when it happen
    he must be a real 'slow'

  8. #68

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I wanted to suggest titanium-reinforced, quadruple-paned safety glass, but this should cut it too.

  9. #69

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    u should pray for the camera manufactors to start building their LCD screen with Gorilla glass, that way, u dun even need a screen protector! Since hp can. why not cameras right?

    but then... slowly wait.
    Cameras should have screens like this one:
    Xperia Active CrAsh Test! INCREDIBLE, AMAZING!!! - YouTube

  10. #70
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Cameras should have screens like this one:
    Xperia Active CrAsh Test! INCREDIBLE, AMAZING!!! - YouTube
    hmmm... with this in cameras, they will raise the price by $200 more... you really wan ar?

  11. #71

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Just finished a product shoot which paid for yesterday equipment binge including wireless flash trigger. I really hate having to remove reflections.

    Quite impressed with Chromage wireless flash trigger. Nohing fancy but works remarkably well, quite a deal since it comes with 2 receivers and importantly it supports pentax mount on the back in black and white. Also have the option of adding more flash in the future as they sell the receiver alone as well.


    As for the screen protector, it worked fine even though its plastic and not glass.


    Going to get more stuff today. Just got 5 days worth of jobs last night and a few require certain gadgets to make the job easier.

    At this rate, i am so going to need to use a lugagge bag to haul the stuff around.
    Are you seriously boasting about a set of PT-04? LOL, that's sad

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    hmmm... with this in cameras, they will raise the price by $200 more... you really wan ar?
    Haha, no way. It's an elcheapo mobile phone, not even an expensive one.

  13. #73
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Haha, no way. It's an elcheapo mobile phone, not even an expensive one.
    Sony xperia active is el cheapo?

  14. #74
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Are you seriously boasting about a set of PT-04? LOL, that's sad
    Come on.. different people have different things to be happy about.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Come on.. different people have different things to be happy about.
    yeap just like how different people have different levels of being "pro"

  16. #76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    Sony xperia active is el cheapo?
    Yup, even RRP in Singapore is below $500. No way the <3" screen cover is worth $200.

  17. #77

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Are you seriously boasting about a set of PT-04? LOL, that's sad
    I just need time to go down n buy

  18. #78

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Come on.. different people have different things to be happy about.
    I guess that's true, I was just thinking a "pro" would have other things to be happy about

  19. #79

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    yeap just like how different people have different levels of being "pro"
    ts got high level of pro-ness

  20. #80
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    yeap just like how different people have different levels of being "pro"
    Ya... Shoot commercial spreads also pro. shoot passport photos also pro

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 234569 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •