Page 1 of 13 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 244

Thread: Broke yet another screen protector.

  1. #1

    Default Broke yet another screen protector.

    Thats my third one since i turned pro.



    Dont even know how it happened but there it is. Thank goodness it took the hit for the lcd....heng i switched from using those plastic type since i was doing primarily action sports.

    Need to order a couple from ebay now.
    Last edited by Reportage; 4th June 2012 at 09:48 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Cool story, bro.
    Canon 5D MkIII|70-200 f/2.8L IS II USM|24-70 f2.8 L II USM|Σ 50 f1.4 EX DG HSM

  3. #3

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Can get endorsement deal from screen protector manufacturer?

    Anyway, good thing it did its job!

  4. #4
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    But how could it be that you do not know how it happened?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    But how could it be that you do not know how it happened?
    Seriously, i have no idea.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  6. #6
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Seriously, i have no idea.
    haha ok, may be it's those "in the heat of the moment" thing.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by cichlid View Post
    haha ok, may be it's those "in the heat of the moment" thing.
    Thank goodness i "upgraded" from those plastic one to the glass type.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Remind me not to buy gear from this guy when he post on BNS.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  9. #9

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Remind me not to buy gear from this guy when he post on BNS.
    You are Pentax user as well?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapura
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Thank goodness i "upgraded" from those plastic one to the glass type.
    Yeah, plastic one just to protect from light scratches. Were you like using your camera then halfway you suddenly discovered the screen protector broke?
    Philippians 4:13
    Visit my flickr! -------> http://www.flickr.com/photos/77348560@N04/

  11. #11

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCamera View Post
    Yeah, plastic one just to protect from light scratches. Were you like using your camera then halfway you suddenly discovered the screen protector broke?
    actually was about to clean the camera just now when i noticed. Monday is basically when i clean all my gear.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  12. #12
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Cool, I guess you must be pretty careless with your gear. If you are not even aware of a hit that can shatter what looks like a GGS protector, then I shudder to think about all the other unknown hits to the other parts of the camera body, lenses, and the little little problems that will surface later on in their life.

  13. #13
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    i prefer plastic LCD screen protector over these type of glass protectors.

  14. #14
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    i prefer plastic LCD screen protector over these type of glass protectors.
    Well, a glass protector is technically speaking, more resilient when it comes to scratches..

  15. #15
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,849

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Well, a glass protector is technically speaking, more resilient when it comes to scratches..
    yeah. but i am fine with occasionally scratches on the plastic screen protector at worst replace a new one once it gets unbearable. :x

    anyway my screen protector had lasted me nearly 2 years, plenty of scratches but still bearable. But the quality is good (bought from doml.com) ... hence no fear of the LCD screen getting scratch.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    318

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    It already happened three times, it would be better to find out how it happened.
    The next time, it might be not that lucky.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Singapore, Singapura
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    actually was about to clean the camera just now when i noticed. Monday is basically when i clean all my gear.
    How on earth can the protector be damaged so badly without you knowing?
    Philippians 4:13
    Visit my flickr! -------> http://www.flickr.com/photos/77348560@N04/

  18. #18

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalCamera View Post
    How on earth can the protector be damaged so badly without you knowing?
    The last time it happened was months ago. I guess such things are bound to happen when i chose to do action photography just that would be nice to know what happened. I wonder if have such thing as gorilla glass for dslr lcd.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Broke yet another screen protector.

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Cool, I guess you must be pretty careless with your gear. If you are not even aware of a hit that can shatter what looks like a GGS protector, then I shudder to think about all the other unknown hits to the other parts of the camera body, lenses, and the little little problems that will surface later on in their life.
    lets just say not many photographers in sg willing to take as much risk as i would for an image. Besides the pentax k20d was made tough. I can honestly say it can last as long as a canon 1d...heck might even outlast it. Now that is build quality.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage

    lets just say not many photographers in sg willing to take as much risk as i would for an image. Besides the pentax k20d was made tough. I can honestly say it can last as long as a canon 1d...heck might even outlast it. Now that is build quality.
    the wonder u are a pro now

Page 1 of 13 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •