Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 97

Thread: R.I.P. - Longest threads in CS

  1. #61
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    AB & Don, great effort by both of you.
    Don - mod for minolta
    AB - nikon?
    a sad day indeed to learn Sentoda Thread is closed.

  2. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    A day to also learn that one's post count is gone when a thread disappears

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    A day to also learn that one's post count is gone when a thread disappears
    lets post more again!!!

  4. #64
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Hi all,

    Please note that we are NOT stopping members from starting a chit-chat thread in Kopitiam, but we had to remove the two threads due to its size (I am having trouble even trying to split it into more manageable chunks as I wanted to bring out the last few hundred posts for your reference).

    So, we would not mind if a new thread is started for Chit Chat, but we will have to close the thread once it becomes too big and continue in another thread. We will clarify how many posts it takes before it becomes an issue but looks like if we stay below 5K posts, the performance should be okay.

  5. #65
    Senior Member acidbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    4 me 2 know & 4 u 2 find out.
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alechim
    lets post more again!!!
    We have a backup plan HERE in case we reach the 5K limit.

    Thank you Darren for shedding some light on this issue. We didn't know our posting could cause such a hassle. "Sentosa-Folks" will still be keen supporters of ClubSNAP since that is where all of us originated from.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Hi all,

    Please note that we are NOT stopping members from starting a chit-chat thread in Kopitiam, but we had to remove the two threads due to its size (I am having trouble even trying to split it into more manageable chunks as I wanted to bring out the last few hundred posts for your reference).

    So, we would not mind if a new thread is started for Chit Chat, but we will have to close the thread once it becomes too big and continue in another thread. We will clarify how many posts it takes before it becomes an issue but looks like if we stay below 5K posts, the performance should be okay.
    Thanks Darren, I think can discard the 2 threads as long as you don't mind us starting new chit-chat threads.


  7. #67
    Senior Member acidbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    4 me 2 know & 4 u 2 find out.
    Posts
    890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    AB & Don, great effort by both of you.
    Don - mod for minolta
    AB - nikon?
    a sad day indeed to learn Sentoda Thread is closed.
    Trying it out first..then we hope more folks will register on it and we'll see how we can improve on it. Needs more testing to be done. All i did was just the basic setup...more to come. I've prepared another forum template to deploy out in case this doesn't work out...that would be PLAN C.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

  8. #68
    Senior Member acidbyte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    4 me 2 know & 4 u 2 find out.
    Posts
    890

    Default

    wah..Drudkh..you still got 1800+ posts. POWER leh.
    mOi bLoG - "i bLoG, dO yOu?"

  9. #69
    ClubSNAP Admin Edmund's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,340

    Default

    Just to add to what Darren has mentioned, all these are done as part of our performance tuning process so that we can narrow down the possibilities for the nightly slowdowns.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    wah..Drudkh..you still got 1800+ posts. POWER leh.
    he posted like no body's busienss what..of course alot! hahah

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmund
    Just to add to what Darren has mentioned, all these are done as part of our performance tuning process so that we can narrow down the possibilities for the nightly slowdowns.
    however, I also notice the thread slows down tremendously when the crowd starts coming in...
    sometimes loading the B&S thread loads slowly....

  12. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmund
    Just to add to what Darren has mentioned, all these are done as part of our performance tuning process so that we can narrow down the possibilities for the nightly slowdowns.
    Understandable. Try to make do with what we have.

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Understandable. Try to make do with what we have.
    I hope this issue won't make the server *chibabooom*.

  14. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Redhill
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    I hope this issue won't make the server *chibabooom*.
    you never know...remember our motto???
    WE CAME...WE QONQUERED!

  15. #75
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Urge all members who feel that they need to continue their chit chat to start posting here - http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=110490

    We will monitor and watch for performance hits once the post count gets above a certain number, say around 5,000 posts.

  16. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acidbyte
    We have a backup plan HERE in case we reach the 5K limit.

    Thank you Darren for shedding some light on this issue. We didn't know our posting could cause such a hassle. "Sentosa-Folks" will still be keen supporters of ClubSNAP since that is where all of us originated from.


    Wow a new photography forum.

  17. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by khairi
    deletting the old and keeping the most recent is, really, the most prefered thing to do
    but then we wouldn't be able to tell people to

    START READING FROM PAGE 1

  18. #78
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Western Reaches
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    but then we wouldn't be able to tell people to

    START READING FROM PAGE 1

    Hmm.. start reading from Thread 1?

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore.
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calisc
    Hmm.. start reading from Thread 1?
    in your usual nasty form eh?

  20. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calisc
    Hmm.. start reading from Thread 1?
    how to read from thread 1? it's DEAD...now decaying...

    so better tell them

    observe a min silence before you post
    blog: inbloomphotos.wordpress.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •