Thread: New Zealand. Again.

Default New Zealand. Again.

Hello. I think i asked before but this time, i'm asking for your recommendations on the best photography sports in new Zealand, Auckland and Wellington where I intend to go for a month break. I surfed online for the best spots in either places but it seems there were too many 'favorite spots', although there does seem a few promising venues that i would be interested in photographing.

But it would help me very much if you could share your favorite places (Auckland and Wellington) for the photography and i would be greatly motivated to go for it!

My Sony A100 'drowned' a few months ago and i purchased Powershot SX150 IS a few weeks after. I find it quite useful as the functions that were not in A100 before were there. I practised with it for only two months before I hit my books when a new term started at my university. THat was not the best either but i'm quite happy with it.

I want to make best use of my newly camera and my month break starting from next week.

Default Re: New Zealand. Again.

I am planning to go over to Christchurch for some travelling and maybe shoot some earthquake zones but is it safe to go over Christchurch?

No one is sharing?

I had not spent a full day there, but spent some time in Waiouru area. There's some snow-capped mountain there that may be interesting for you. I pass by a lot of beautiful seaside+cliff roads while on the way there from Auckland.
    Sony a7R | Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4
    http://www.shadefotoworks.com - Automotive Photography

Mt taranaki is nice

So is the Bay of Plenty and the kaori forests north of Auckland.
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ahmad0420 View Post
    I had not spent a full day there, but spent some time in Waiouru area. There's some snow-capped mountain there that may be interesting for you. I pass by a lot of beautiful seaside+cliff roads while on the way there from Auckland.
    Here is the view I'm talking about.

Airport Rd, Whenuapai, Auckland 0618, New Zealand to Waiouru Military Camp, New Zealand - Google Maps

The Bay of Plenty is good also.
    Last edited by ahmad0420; 9th June 2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Sony a7R | Vario-Tessar T* FE 24-70mm f/4
    http://www.shadefotoworks.com - Automotive Photography