Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: singaporean photographer!!!

Default Re: singaporean photographer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kerpalz View Post
    It's my story! *shy* just want to share it. Hope to inspire more people along
    good for you! best of luck for the future.

it really is an inspiration for others to stick to their guns and not give up!

but honestly.... Yahoo News???

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    I don't understand why they'll have to "hide in the storeroom on several occasions to escape from debtors knocking on their doors"? Can't they just keep quiet? What difference would it make?

Forgive me for saying but some of the statements just sounded so exaggerated such as "... even after a search around the whole house, the couple could only gather S$1.60..."
    I also kena before leh... So nt really exaggerated...

Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    i am very contented now......:smilie: with 3 kids everyday busy no time to commit more, when they grow much older then cheong again, maybe at age 45..... now must spend times with kids.... else they grow negative later regret.....
    Hahaha...

Likewise, 3 kids here... I am not saying spending too much time working and no time for your children. I divide my time on my businesses and my family. I don't spend too much time on anything else.

I hope I can spend more times with my family so now must work very very hard to ensure that happen before I hit 40 yo and while I still have the energy to do all these.

Regards,

Hart

let's start from you!!!!!!

come come i here now you talk........ i am listening...... aiya.... going studio now meet clients for selection... i come back will ask again...... dun run.
    My secret is simple:

"Meditate, enlighten and expose."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    My secret is simple:

"Meditate, enlighten and expose."

Expose what har?

Maybe it's sounds ridiculous to me. But it's a true thing which happened to me and my wife. We were living at in a corridor hdb unit. So when debtors come for us. My wife and even I will freak out as the debtors will peep into the window "folds" to check of anyone is at home. Plus some debtors are not even the "legal" kind if you get my drift.

As for $1.60 part, when u come to a stage when you are totally in debt. No money for 2-3months, and you still need to go to office and work. Would you be desperate enough to search around the house for loose changes, places like your jeans and trousers or even your bags for that 10,20cents small change? Yes I did.
    I do not find it exaggerated at all! Congratulations for roughing it out and especially for your wife as she has stuck with you through the hardships.. she is a real keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    Expose what har?
    Expose to light particles suspending in visible lightwaves.

Just a minor point, but you'd hide from creditors, not debtors! Think the article writer got mixed up

Deregistered

well done Anthony - u have done singapore proud - keep it Up

aiya.... english no good la~~~ :P

So chim one...

This answer like lawyer. talk ppl dun understand but seems very chim so gotta agreed else not same league appeared stupid lol

in short think you mean dust.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

...in short think you mean dust.
    Yes. Camera long time no use gathering dust on shelf.

Maybe it's sounds ridiculous to you. But it's a true thing which happened to me and my wife. We were living at in a corridor hdb unit. So when debtors come for us. My wife and even I will freak out as the debtors will peep into the window "folds" to check of anyone is at home. Plus some debtors are not even the "legal" kind if you get my drift. so their way of asking money is not very "polite." :(

As for $1.60 part, when u come to a stage when you are totally in debt. No money for 2-3months, and you still need to go to office and work. Would you be desperate enough to search around the house for loose changes, places like your jeans and trousers or even your bags for that 10,20cents small change? Yes I did. :)
    Many thanks for clearing the air TS, much appreciated and I do apologise for jumping the gun too soon.

All the best for your future endeavours. ;)
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Congrats ts! May u continue to scale even higher heights in ur career!

Huat ah!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Blog Entries

Totally inspiring and thank you for sharing your story

Risk taking, perseverence and hardwork is alive and well !!!
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by kerpalz

Maybe it's sounds ridiculous to you. But it's a true thing which happened to me and my wife. We were living at in a corridor hdb unit. So when debtors come for us. My wife and even I will freak out as the debtors will peep into the window "folds" to check of anyone is at home. Plus some debtors are not even the "legal" kind if you get my drift. so their way of asking money is not very "polite."

As for $1.60 part, when u come to a stage when you are totally in debt. No money for 2-3months, and you still need to go to office and work. Would you be desperate enough to search around the house for loose changes, places like your jeans and trousers or even your bags for that 10,20cents small change? Yes I did.
    I guess some have never had that kind of feeling which you had, because more and more Singapore youngsters are born with silver spoon and need not worry this and that. Look at the number of young people who buy the latest camera once they are out and you will know.

I had been in that kind of situation, but luckily no creditors or debtors, just pocket no dollar. That kind of helpless feeling, for people who never experience it before , will never understand.

Here's wishing you well in your future endeavour!
    Last edited by wolfton; 3rd June 2012 at 11:07 PM.
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

One thing you guys all must be aware is that; he might be interviewed but what's goes on being published might be similar in context but different in tone and delivery. The person being interviewed most of the time have not much control over what was published nor how it was written. The writer writing the story have to write in a way to 'make it work'. A minor thing you mentioned could be published yet the other 10 major things you stressed could be filtered out. Things said in jests might be treated as facts.

Exaggerating? Feel so to me.

Props to the guy, definitely, regardless story like drama show or not.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Draken413o View Post
    I do not find it exaggerated at all! Congratulations for roughing it out and especially for your wife as she has stuck with you through the hardships.. she is a real keeper!
    +100

Totally agree... Cherish her and you know, flowers every now and then will be great... I am sure you are doing it.

Regards,

Hart

Not throw cold water. But running a business with your own hands is no difference to working full time getting pay cheque. Hands stop mouth stop. It is still risky. You can't go on like this forever. So how many good years do you think this is sustainable ? Better to strategies for something that the entire business don't depends on one person alone. You need passive income.
    Last edited by ahboy168; 4th June 2012 at 02:30 PM.
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast