Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transit of Venus in Singapore - Last one in our lifetime!

Default Re: Transit of Venus in Singapore - Last one in our lifetime!

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    So anyone got a shot?
    latest time i checked around 9:30am, no sun....dont know now, will check in a bit...

Had to drive to find a small gap in the clouds, and even then it wasn't all that big, so clouds were across the images.
    What a buzz to see it in the flesh though, bigger than expected, and easily visible naked eye.
    Quick shot with the Zeiss AS63/840, Zeiss solar filter, and a Fuji X-Pro 1 camera. 1/1000th second, ISO6400.
    Gary

Transit_2012_Zeis AS63840 by gbealnz, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by gbealnz View Post
    Had to drive to find a small gap in the clouds, and even then it wasn't all that big, so clouds were across the images.
    What a buzz to see it in the flesh though, bigger than expected, and easily visible naked eye.
    Quick shot with the Zeiss AS63/840, Zeiss solar filter, and a Fuji X-Pro 1 camera. 1/1000th second, ISO6400.
    Gary

Transit_2012_Zeis AS63840 by gbealnz, on Flickr

very nice shot!

Quote Originally Posted by gbealnz View Post
    Gary
    well done. mine looks like a black dot in a red circle, like drawn in mspaint..

YES!

Nikon V1 + FT1 + TC17EII + 300mm f4. Filters: Hoya R72 + Fader ND at Max (3 stops). ISO 200, f8, 1/40 sec.

My try on Transit of Venus :

100% crop from Nikon D90 + 18-105mm @105mm + ND110 + ND400, ISO 200, F10, 1/500.

Yes,i did..from my hotel room in Jakarta this morning.But it was a very short opportunity.

Nice shot guys! Experience learned from Venus Transit can also be put to good use for Mercury Transit in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by astrosg View Post
    Nice shot guys! Experience learned from Venus Transit can also be put to good use for Mercury Transit in 2016.
    That one start after sunset in Singapore. No chance. Anyway, it is so small - like a speck of dust.

That one start after sunset in Singapore. No chance. Anyway, it is so small - like a speck of dust.
    On the bright side (pun intended), can you imagine the technological improvement in DSLR and solar filters/telescope in 4 long years? Even more amazing if you compare the technology available back in 2006 to capture the previous Mercury Transit.

Quote Originally Posted by astrosg

On the bright side (pun intended), can you imagine the technological improvement in DSLR and solar filters/telescope in 4 long years? Even more amazing if you compare the technology available back in 2006 to capture the previous Mercury Transit.
    Err... So you saying the DSLR technology in 2016 will allow me to shoot beyond the horizon, and capture the Sun after sunset har? That would be amazing.

Err... So you saying the DSLR technology in 2016 will allow me to shoot beyond the horizon, and capture the Sun after sunset har? That would be amazing.
    Hahaha. You never know. Perhaps an existing technology is already available now - air travel. Plan ahead and fly to a spot with the best view and high probability of clear skies. :P

In any case, coming back on topic, do a search for "venus transit singapore" in youtube and see some amazing video and time-lapse photography shot right here in Singapore!
    Last edited by astrosg; 8th June 2012 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai

Uncle Fai, go get a Canon T90 lorh. Go buy FD 5200 f/14 at the same time. Lolololol.

Quote Originally Posted by astrosg

Hahaha. You never know. Perhaps an existing technology is already available now - air travel. Plan ahead and fly to a spot with the best view and high probability of clear skies. :P

In any case, coming back on topic, do a search for "venus transit singapore" in youtube and see some amazing video and time-lapse photography shot right here in Singapore!
    Try 60Da?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12