Thread: Broken

Default Broken

After a week's planning and preparation, this is what I've got from today's shoot. Most destructive shoot I've conducted so far, lots of glasses were sacrificed... Constructive comments welcomed.

#1 Blue

#2 Purple

#3 Amber

See wat you are trying to achieve but dun really see the result.

All the 3 glass shot are soft. What speed are you using? Maybe not enough to freeze the action.

Keep on breaking.

Taken in a dark room with a single strobe triggered by self made sound trigger and delay circuit. My strobe duration is rated 1/2000 s at full power... guesstimate around 1/10k s flash duration at the power i'm using.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by binbeto
    See wat you are trying to achieve but dun really see the result.

All the 3 glass shot are soft. What speed are you using? Maybe not enough to freeze the action.

Keep on breaking.
    i really like the concept too, and like the colours , but as binbeto said, the pictures are a little soft.

you're bring the statement, "photography is an expensive hobby" to a new level huh?!?! but keep up the passion!!!

Is possible that other than shutter speed not enough, you also only lit/flashed your background when maybe you should have also lit/flashed the glass from the front to show the full impact of the shatter and make image less flat looking? Anybody know how to light such a challenging shoot?

you definitely need a faster shutter speed... nice idea.