Thread: HOYA Filters made by Tokina?

Default HOYA Filters made by Tokina?

Just bought a 72mm normal Hoya Cir PL filter today for $45 at alan photo, and found out that it is made by Tokina ( writen at the back of the box), which means it is made in China? Is all hoya filters made by tokina too, or just the Cir PL filters?

Quote Originally Posted by koolz
    Just bought a 72mm normal Hoya Cir PL filter today for $45 at alan photo, and found out that it is made by Tokina ( writen at the back of the box), which means it is made in China? Is all hoya filters made by tokina too, or just the Cir PL filters?
    is by tokina
    tokina bought over hoya liao

Wow, fast reply. So that means all HOYA filters are of lower quality now and are made in China?
    Thamks

Blog Entries

Wow, fast reply. So that means all HOYA filters are of lower quality now and are made in China?
    Thamks
    Bro, what talking you? Tokina is a major lens manufacturer in the world of optics. Inferior? I don't think so.

Don't be too obsessive with brands lah. It's only a filter. And O dpn't think Tokina is inferior. They make optics you know.

Thanks for the reply. But from what i have heard is that Tokina filters are made in China, does that make the product inferior? Thanks!

don't be fooled by da country of origin . . .

china makes better product too man . . .

Thanks for the reply. But from what i have heard is that Tokina filters are made in China, does that make the product inferior? Thanks!
    Even Apple iPods are made in China, and nobody says iPods are inferior

Chinese make good clothes, shoes, toys, and electronics, and now camera lenses too The rather famous Tamron XR Di 28-75mm F2.8 lens (later bunch) is made in China lah, and looks most of the owners (including myself) are quite happy with the lens.

Cheers!

Quite true. If you look carefully at the Lowepro bags, some of them maybe made from China just like the one I bought. However, I'm happy with it.

Cheers
    John

I have a mixure of Hoya and Tokino filters, filters from both manufacturers are as good.

Think about it this way: A lot of devices, be it electronic or not, are made in China, we are using them day in day out, and never know or feel it, until someone told us that "this is made in China".

Let's change our perception. If China can also have their own satellite, and have the astronaut up in the space, do we still need to doubt the quality of their products, despites a lot of "fake" products that we heard or even buy from the great country?

Been to the US recently and seeing many of their goods' place of production - I can safely say China is fast becoming to be "Manufacturer of the World !"
    Different is how the brand is ensureing the quality of their outsource manufacturer.

I remember using a HMC or SHMC UV filter by Hoya, the filter gives a yelow cast to the pictures I made even compared to a normal Hoya UV filter. Maybe it is a wrong labeling of the filter but I did not have another chance to try another.

How about Kenko filters? Are they the same as these two brands as well?