PLEASE REFER TO THE FIRST POST (i.e. here) FOR UPDATES AND ESSENTIAL INFORMATION!
Information on this charity project (updated 18 Jan 2005)
1. Activity – Fund Raising Mechanism
We will provide the service of helping individuals or groups of people to take portraiture photograph. For every photograph print made for the individuals or people, donations will be collected from them. A minimum of S$5/- donations will be collected from the individual or group of people for every successful print.
We will conduct the above-mentioned activity at:
a. The Merlion Park. At the platform extended from the bank of Singapore River.
3. Collection of Donations
We will sign out donation containers from the Singapore Salvation Army. All donations must be dropped into the containers. These containers will be returned to the Singapore Salvation Army at the end of the charity drive.
4. Period of Activity
We planned to hold this activity over three weekends:
Weekend One: from 150105 to 160105
Weekend Two: from 220105 to 230105
Weekend Three: from 290105 to 300105
This activity will be conducted from 0900 hours to 2100 hours daily on the indicated dates.
Shooting Point (minimum per group)
2 x Photographers (1 handle individual shots with wireless networking, 1 handle group shots with CF cards)
1 x Network helper (to station with notebook to conduct wireless transfer of photograph image files)
2 or more donation collectors and helpers
Printing Point (minimum per group)
2 x DI (1 on workstation handling individual prints, 1 on notebook handling group prints)
2 x printing helpers (each handling 2 printers, recording of photographs issued and ensuring smooth running of printers)
2 or more helpers handling crowd control
For the above plan, ideally we need 3 groups of volunteers at any one time. Group 1 operating, Group 2 standby, Group 3 resting.
To sign up as a volunteer, email to email@example.com with the following information:
2. Contact number
3. number of additional friends you are coming with
4. date and time that you can volunteer (for time as much as possible in blocks of 4 hours, i.e. 9am to 1pm, 1pm to 5pm, 5pm to 9pm)
5. area of responsibility (Photographer, D.I. for post-processing or Helpers to handle wireless transfer, printing or crowd control)
a. photographers please indicate the type of equipment you are using
b. D.I. will be using photoshop as the post-processing software
NOTE! please do not PM me via CS as i will be away till 29 Jan morning.
special thanks to ClubSnap Admin for making this thread a sticky
special thanks to Sulhan, his wife and his sister for sponsoring our Weekend One meals. we will be getting meals for Weekend Two and Three from them at a subsidised rate as well. (yum! yum!)
Thanks and Regards,
LATEST IMPORTANT MESSAGES
1. ok everyone, the core group has met and decided that it will not be necessary to conduct another training and briefing session as we will be able to handle the manpower distribution on site. so NO MEETING before the actual day charity drive. Those coming for the morning shift or full day shift please be at the Merlion Park by 8.00 am.
poohbear will be contacting all the volunteers from now on. please give him your full support as he is busy with work as well. he needs to confirm with all volunteers of the time you will be on site to help. he will be calling every volunteer, but please help to save time and effort by emailling to the same email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, your confirmed timing.
he has full access to my email and CS accounts to make necessary arrangements and announcement.
2. on top of that, we have quite abit of fun with the lots of OTs over the last 2 days, i think it's time to be mindful and respect CS admin's support for this thread as they have made this a sticky. (thanks to CS admin once again! ) so please refrain from OTs (equipment talk, personal jokes etc. they can be discussed in other threads) from now. there's a time to be playful and a time to be serious, we have an important task ahead and let's work together with high spirits and not dilute the team spirit that is starting to build up.
I'll be away till 29 Jan for school work and I feel really bad to leave the task now. I hope this will not have any negative affect, in fact I hope that the rest of the team coordinating will do a much much better job, I am sure of that. keep up the good work everyone! we are doing great!