POSTING THIS ON BEHALF OF OUTING ORGANIZERS NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC AND CAPITALAND
CapitaLand and NGC are organising ONE Photo Trail this weekend, Saturday, 2 June for the CapitaLand-National Geographic Channel "Building People" Photography Competition.
The itinerary is as follows:
8:45am - Meet at lobby of 20 Anson, Tanjong Pagar
9:00 am - Briefing and photography at 20 Anson
11.00am - The Latitude condominium @ 31 Jalan Mutiara
Benefits of joining the photography trail:
On this trail, CapitaLand-NGC representatives will be giving out security passes which allows the participant to set up tripod stands and other photography equipment and take photographs at the public spaces in the premises. Without the security passes, photographers will not be allowed to set up any equipment in CapitaLand buildings.
Members of the public who are not following the trails will not be able to capture images of the interior or exterior as security is very tight in these properties.
Group size is limited to 20 PHOTOGRAPHERS per group
How to take part in the photography trail:
Forum members who are interested in taking part in this photography trail will need reply to this thread, with your full name and the last 4 digits of your NRIC for verification purposes.
Points to note:
- Please bring your necessary equipment
- Do note that there'll be no transport provided
- Please note that photographers should seek permission from members of the public to appear in their photos before submitting entries into the competition.
- More detailed photo captions are strongly encouraged to convey the story of each photogaph submission. While a picture speaks a thousand words, your version of the story provides further depth and understanding of the captured moment.
- Please note that no meals will be provided due to time constraints, we apologize for this, though refreshments will be provided
For more information on the CapitaLand-National Geographic Channel "Building People" Photography Competition, do visit the website www.capitaland.com/ngc-photo
CapitaLand-National Geographic Channel “Building People” Photography Competition
Date/Duration: From 13th April 2012 to 10th June 2012
National Geographic Channel - CapitaLand
The competition calls for photographs featuring CapitaLand properties located in Asia Pacific and Europe. Participants aged 18 years old and above are encouraged to capture photographs that accentuate the “Building People” theme, characterised by the vibrant interactions between CapitaLand’s buildings, including homes, offices, shopping malls, serviced residences and mixed developments, and the people living, working or shopping in these properties.
A judging panel, comprising National Geographic photographer Annie Griffiths and executives from the National Geographic Channel and CapitaLand, will evaluate all entries based on aesthetics, originality, creativity and the extent to which the “Building People” theme is captured. The judges will also be looking out for entries that creatively portray the way CapitaLand buildings inspire the landscape and how people interact with these buildings every day.
- CapitaVouchers of up to S$2,000
- Up to S$4,000 worth of cameras and other prizes from Nikon
- Complimentary stays at Ascott serviced residences in Asia Pacific
- Exclusive photo trail with Annie Griffiths
- Photos submitted will be exhibited in an upcoming CapitaLand-National Geographic Channel “Building People” Photography exhibition