Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Photography classes for children....

  1. #1

    Default Photography classes for children....

    I am looking for anyone who does classes for Children/Teenagers as my Step-daughter has a real for photography and will get a new DSLR D3100 for her birthday and at age 12, she is a great age to start learning...
    Any help would be great

    peter@pvelectricalengineers.com.sg
    A few of my shots here....enjoy.
    http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/user/peterhone

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    At age 12, she can join any of the normal newbies outings or the many many many beginners classes that have already been posted ad nauseum here.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    A DSLR at the age of 12? Anything smaller will fit her hands better. Teaching / learning photography does not require any camera of this size and weight.
    EOS

  4. #4

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    A DSLR at the age of 12? Anything smaller will fit her hands better. Teaching / learning photography does not require any camera of this size and weight.
    True. Maybe a mirrorless or an A37?
    Alpha

  5. #5
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterhone
    I am looking for anyone who does classes for Children/Teenagers as my Step-daughter has a real for photography and will get a new DSLR D3100 for her birthday and at age 12, she is a great age to start learning...
    Any help would be great

    peter@pvelectricalengineers.com.sg
    Your daughter really like a photograph?

    If she got interested Any point and shoots like digital cam can be do as well.

    Like Smart phone also can shoot as well.

    After she think that digital cam cannot fulfill then you just upgrade like mirror less or dslr entry level.

    Can find up some CC have photograph section or present how to shoots, then you can bring her to listen on that section or short class.

    That is good idea.
    Last edited by rain5533; 31st May 2012 at 12:45 PM.

  6. #6
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    at 12 years old please do escort her if she is attending outings with adults

    one of the first classes is to sign up with Nikon as an owner

    Nikon Singapore Pte Ltd
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  7. #7
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    btw, welcome to the community

    there are a few other 12 to 15 year olds (boys and girls ) in this community too and a couple of them will put adult photographers to shame
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  8. #8

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    btw, welcome to the community

    there are a few other 12 to 15 year olds (boys and girls ) in this community too and a couple of them will put adult photographers to shame
    Yah seriously... You shoot with them and you're happy with your shots then you see their shots then you think it might be time to sell all your gear and take up knitting...
    Alpha

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119
    btw, welcome to the community

    there are a few other 12 to 15 year olds (boys and girls ) in this community too and a couple of them will put adult photographers to shame
    Thumbs up to this.

    Just keep them out of kopitiam chats
    "Time is often the best editor" - Alex Webb

  10. #10

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    Nic the guitarist | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    The above picture was taken by the said 12 year old on Saturday at our wedding.....good shot and I swapped it to B/W.
    She handles my D90 with ease so we are looking at D3100 as it aimed at younger persons....
    A few of my shots here....enjoy.
    http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/user/peterhone

  11. #11

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    Why not a 5100?

  12. #12

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI View Post
    Why not a 5100?
    I was looking at Nikon as I use D90 and noted D3100 did a RED one as it was aimed at younger generation....but she happy with D3100 standard black....not looked at D5100...will check now...
    A few of my shots here....enjoy.
    http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/user/peterhone

  13. #13

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    Quote Originally Posted by peterhone View Post
    I was looking at Nikon as I use D90 and noted D3100 did a RED one as it was aimed at younger generation....but she happy with D3100 standard black....not looked at D5100...will check now...
    The D3100 is not aimed at a younger generation. It's just aimed at the female population.
    Alpha

  14. #14

    Default

    Why not the NEX-5N or E-P3?

  15. #15

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    She likes the feel of the D90...so D3100 maybe ok to start....every magazine quoted the D3100 as being aimed at younger market and she read that bit too....for me as long as she is comfortable using it....thats all that matters. Thanks
    A few of my shots here....enjoy.
    http://www.dphotographer.co.uk/user/peterhone

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterhone
    She likes the feel of the D90...so D3100 maybe ok to start....every magazine quoted the D3100 as being aimed at younger market and she read that bit too....for me as long as she is comfortable using it....thats all that matters. Thanks
    Then give her your D90! good excuse to buy a better camera for yourself!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    maybe a d800? so no need to change in the future ^^

  18. #18
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI
    maybe a d800? so no need to change in the future ^^
    Giant size, sure no problem to carry with lens "_""

    Like laptop got 11" , 13" 15" and 17"

    I believe you won't buy the 17 inch ha ha for carry everyday
    Last edited by rain5533; 1st June 2012 at 03:32 PM.

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MeMyselfAndI
    maybe a d800? so no need to change in the future ^^
    Haha even with D800, there will be a need to change in the future.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Photography classes for children....

    Some school's have photography related classes. I think they call them CCA's or enrichment programs but they are pretty basic from what my kid says. The instructor advised on adult classes. You can find also find classes offered via the photography clubs/societies ie. Photographic Society of Singapore (that's the only one I know of, sorry). Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •