Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going for my first ICT

Quote Originally Posted by Robin
    Wow...some of you guys are really lucky....for your ICTs i mean....I am in Infantry.....nothing but field camp exercises...going for my 3rd this Mar.....will have a 6 days 5 nites field camp.....

wonder if there is a way to transfer unit.....
    Go keng some illness or injury and get down graded lor. Then they put you on holding list.

Me kenna 1 big time one this apr. 10-13 days out field overseas ICT. But i got a good vocation, so give and take la. My vocation always advance party.

Quote Originally Posted by frcfyp
    Hi everyone. I will be going for my first ICT on monday (10 Jan). Quite nervous as I dunno what to expect. Have to reach T**j*** G** camp at 7am in the morning, but I stay in Sengkang. Does anyone want to share a cab from sengkang to that camp? If so, please pm me with your contact number, thanks.

Also, does anyone know whether it is a stay-in camp? I have been informed in letter that it is, but not sure whether to believe that info fully.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    1) Be early
    2) Dun expect to stay out, nights out maybe. Forget abt staying out unless u're a clerk.
    3) Go for hair cut before hand unless u want army barber cut for u. Go for high slopes on ur sides and back. As long got slope can liao.
    4) Turn ur hair back to black colour. If ur hair got highlight abit, but den its fading off (like 90% gone liao), still ok. U might be able to bluff thru saying dat u go swimming frequently, hair bleach.
    5) Bring everything back. Dun fool around. My 1st ICT I bought all da full pack items, in the end everything got use.
    6) Cab fare, well, prepare abit (like $25), unless u want to take MRT to Boon Lay and change bus which will take u like 2hrs bus/MRT journey. Frm Yishun to dat blady ulu area already costs me $28 liao.

Well, enjoy ur time in ICT. This is the only time (besides BMT) where u juz use brawns and not brains. The feeling of not using ur brains is really damn shiok, and of cos, after ICT, u'll suffer a few days of stupidity at work. Though its siong, but looking back at last year, I kinda miss it... (except for the running part though. I hate running, hehehe...)
    Last edited by jsbn; 10th January 2005 at 08:37 AM.

If your vocation is those SIONG type like combat infantry, GOOD LUCK to you.

I went thru 7 active and 4 inactive ICTs liao. Usually 1st 5 incamp treat you like a recruit.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

It depends actually.

If he joins a Lao Jiao Unit, he might be lucky as officers and sgts tend to be more relaxed. But its usually all those movements and procedures that will kill u if u not have been training. Plus some (not all. I met a lot of kind as well as nasty, hypocritical chaps in camp) old birds might bully u into carrying more things than u're actually supposed to carry.

If he joins a newer Unit... Hohoho... Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12