Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Navy Sword of Honor... Sia sway

Default Re: Navy Sword of Honor... Sia sway

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBarracuda View Post
    According to who????

not Singaporeans in general. Ethnic Asian/Middle-eastern peoples in general.

it's a festering wound

Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Garment should be careful who they promote and give scholarships to.

Most are jiak liao bee
    I think Sg have put too much emphasis on performance and too little on character/morals.
    Its all about grades and $$$ now..

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBarracuda

According to who????
    A group of my friends who were there got verbally abused in many places they go.

Like what the previous bro mentioned, I believe it is Asians as a whole.

Heard that from friends too. But not all parts of Australia. Some parts of Australia its all filled with Asians you feel you are in Asian country.

I like their music bands and wedding photographers - I hope these people are not racists.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    I think Sg have put too much emphasis on performance and too little on character/morals.
    Its all about grades and $$$ now..
    Exactly that is the problem. Years ago I posted on MOE facebook page asking minister about moral education, nobody give a damn to reply me.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    not Singaporeans in general. Ethnic Asian/Middle-eastern peoples in general.

it's a festering wound
    So your basing this statement on what?

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    Exactly that is the problem. Years ago I posted on MOE facebook page asking minister about moral education, nobody give a damn to reply me.
    Minister worried because his moral is not up to your expectation

So your basing this statement on what?
    my friends, relatives and acquaintances who've lived and studied there? which is quite a lot.

you might not be one of them, but did you know that below the surface of most, there is a general disdain for immigrants? just like here in Singapore. no nation is free of it. just like Singaporeans generally dislike Foreign Talent.

even in your nationalistic fervor, these anti-immigrant sentiments are below the surface. it may not be you, but those around you who hide it.

my friends, relatives and acquaintances who've lived and studied there? which is quite a lot.

you might not be one of them, but did you know that below the surface of most, there is a general disdain for immigrants? just like here in Singapore. no nation is free of it. just like Singaporeans generally dislike Foreign Talent.

even in your nationalistic fervor, these anti-immigrant sentiments are below the surface. it may not be you, but those around you who hide it.
    Your song is our song.
    We sing in one voice
    and dance around one tree.

Last edited by Sion; 7th June 2012 at 10:43 PM.

So you will allow the opinions of others to form your own opinion that "below the surface of most there is a general disdain for immigrants?"

I can't see were there is a nationalistic fervor??........ there is, like many other countries individuals that will always have racial problems with others..... though to allow this to form the irrational and generalizing view that Australians are racist or harbor hatred towards other groups of people...... breathes both naivety and racism within itself.....

Though seeing the derogatory title of one of your other threads, I no longer will get a bee in my bonnet over someone who obviously forms opinions and then expresses them on an open forum without actually giving proper thought to the insensitive nature and hurt they may have towards other good people.

I'm sure Australians are generally nice chaps though as usual a couple of black sheep can and does ruin the image for all.

Like the couple of thugs who went and assaulted two of our Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) conscripts who are just fishing peacefully outside RAAF Base Pearce in Perth. Not to mention the number of incidents which happened several times in Rockhampton during Exercise Wallaby. Being assaulted and insulted randomly doesn't really leave a good impression when conscripts are spending their final days on a well-deserved R&R which is supposed to be filled with memories of pleasure instead.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 7th June 2012 at 10:42 PM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Blog Entries

sword of honour nia...

ppl firehose of flying colors also now kenna charged...

So you will allow the opinions of others to form your own opinion that "below the surface of most there is a general disdain for immigrants?"

I can't see were there is a nationalistic fervor??........ there is, like many other countries individuals that will always have racial problems with others..... though to allow this to form the irrational and generalizing view that Australians are racist or harbor hatred towards other groups of people...... breathes both naivety and racism within itself.....

Though seeing the derogatory title of one of your other threads, I no longer will get a bee in my bonnet over someone who obviously forms opinions and then expresses them on an open forum without actually giving proper thought to the insensitive nature and hurt they may have towards other good people.
    like i implied, no country is perfect. hatred lies beneath the surface whether you accept it or not. even in Singapore, it grows. in the US, it's there though they promote "freedom".

in Hong Kong, it already exploded.

and like i implied, not all are like that either. so you can either read properly, or you can choose to generalize that i just hate australians. which i don't because i actually intend to study there.

like how i know you obviously love your country and are so proud of it that you actually believe that everyone who behaves good is perfect on the surface. i'd rather choose to be myself.

like i implied, no country is perfect. hatred lies beneath the surface whether you accept it or not. even in Singapore, it grows. in the US, it's there though they promote "freedom".

in Hong Kong, it already exploded.

and like i implied, not all are like that either. so you can either read properly, or you can choose to generalize that i just hate australians. which i don't because i actually intend to study there.

like how i know you obviously love your country and are so proud of it that you actually believe that everyone who behaves good is perfect on the surface. i'd rather choose to be myself.
    Why so many "like I implied" one?

Any I like your "like I implied".

Please use it more often like I've implied.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion

Why so many "like I implied" one?

Any I like your "like I implied".

Please use it more often like I've implied.

He likes to join implied shoot

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    He likes to join implied shoot
    With an implied model in implied pose shot from implied angle?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12