Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fast help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Interestor
    ok thks, a very great help, tik i didnt follow my target .. tats y didnt get clear picture. here comes another qtn, how 2 adjust the shutter speed? can mine sis cam b done?

qtn follow by qtn haha,.. hope u dun mind..
    hi, found this page on eos 888. is this your cam?
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...5000/index.htm

if this is indeed your cam: the shutter speed selection is on the same dial that you saw the sportsman icons etc. you see the 8, 15, 30, 60 ...etc on the dial?
    this means 1/8 seconds, 1/15 seconds and so on. just turn the dial to the desired speed. you can only change your shutter speed in "shutter priority, tv" or "manual, m " mode. in tv mode, when you change the shutter speed
    the camera adjusts your aperture to ensure the correct amount of light comes iin so that you still get the right exposure,
    in manual mode, it's more complicated. you have control over the shutter speed and the aperture (how wide the opening of your lens is). to get the correct exposure on the film, you need to balance the aperture size (ie, how wide it is determines how much light gets in) and the shutter speed (which determines how long the shutter stays open and hence how long your film is exposed to the light coming in). so for example, if at aperture of 5.6, you need a shutter speed of 1/125 to get the correct exposure; then if you want to use a faster shutter speed of 1/250, you need to open your aperture wider to let in more light.
    these values comes in "stops".
    for aperture: 2.8 to 5.6 is one stop.btw, apertures size is inversely related to the size of the opening, ie 5.6 refers to a opening half the size of a 2.8
    for shutter speed: 1/125 to1/250 is one "stop" (ie, each number on the dial is one stop)
    so if you increase the shutter speed by one stop, you must correspondingly reduce the aperture number by one stop (ie open the aperture wider)
    for your cam: look at the line at the lower end of your viewfinder. you see this "AE" symbol there? if it blinks your exposure is wrong so you need to adjust your shutter or aperture. this is only applicable if you use manual (M) mode. in the other metering modes (TV, Av etc), the camera will automatically chooose the correct exposure. eg, in Tv mode, when you switch your shutter speed up by one stop, the cam adjusts you aperture by one stop to compensate. on manual mode, the computer goes on holiday so you're on your own.

can't imagine, i nikon user.... helping people on the light side. later kena thrown out of the dark side....
    the basics for most cams are the same so if you buff up your basics, you'll be able to learn any cam pretty quickly.
    btw, as for films, not too much diff unless you buy the high end ones like reala. otherwise, fuji or konica or kodak also okaylor. personally, i prefer fuji.
    when you more confident, try slides. so much more fun but $$$.

Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat

if this is indeed your cam: the shutter speed selection is on the same dial that you saw the sportsman icons etc. you see the 8, 15, 30, 60 ...etc on the dial?
    this means 1/8 seconds, 1/15 seconds and so on. just turn the dial to the desired speed. you can only change your shutter speed in "shutter priority, tv" or "manual, m " mode. in tv mode, when you change the shutter speed
    the camera adjusts your aperture to ensure the correct amount of light comes iin so that you still get the right exposure,
    in manual mode, it's more complicated. you have control over the shutter speed and the aperture (how wide the opening of your lens is). to get the correct exposure on the film, you need to balance the aperture size (ie, how wide it is determines how much light gets in) and the shutter speed (which determines how long the shutter stays open and hence how long your film is exposed to the light coming in). so for example, if at aperture of 5.6, you need a shutter speed of 1/125 to get the correct exposure; then if you want to use a faster shutter speed of 1/250, you need to open your aperture wider to let in more light.
    for aperture: 2.8 to 5.6 is one stop.btw, apertures size is inversely related to the size of the opening, ie 5.6 refers to a opening half the size of a 2.8
    for shutter speed: 1/125 to1/250 is one "stop" (ie, each number on the dial is one stop)
    so if you increase the shutter speed by one stop, you must correspondingly reduce the aperture number by one stop (ie open the aperture wider)
    for your cam: look at the line at the lower end of your viewfinder. you see this "AE" symbol there? if it blinks your exposure is wrong so you need to adjust your shutter or aperture. this is only applicable if you use manual (M) mode. in the other metering modes (TV, Av etc), the camera will automatically chooose the correct exposure. eg, in Tv mode, when you switch your shutter speed up by one stop, the cam adjusts you aperture by one stop to compensate. on manual mode, the computer goes on holiday so you're on your own.

very gd giddygoat, but mine sis is EOS 500. doesnt hav wat is in e web page tat u found. so sad..

Wrong lah ..... 2.8 to 5.6 is two stops ;D ... there is still f4 in between .... if you open from 5.6 to 2.8 then you must increase 1/125 to 1/30

Quote Originally Posted by blurblock
    Wrong lah ..... 2.8 to 5.6 is two stops ;D ... there is still f4 in between .... if you open from 5.6 to 2.8 then you must increase 1/125 to 1/30
    ha ha, paiseh. i'm the blurblock yup. 2.8 to 4 is one stop. dunno what i thinking liao.....

very gd giddygoat, but mine sis is EOS 500. doesnt hav wat is in e web page tat u found. so sad..
    isn't it this one then? http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...iss2/index.htm
    eos500n ie rebel g?
    sorrylah, my knowledge of canon cams is almost zero.

isn't it this one then? http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...iss2/index.htm
    eos500n ie rebel g?
    sorrylah, my knowledge of canon cams is almost zero.
    Hi giddygaot, at least u can teach me some knowledge on photo taking yup, tis is e model my sis is holding. will try out setting 2 tv mode n c how is e result..recommended by all helpful ppl here, especially u

so how long hav u been taking photo hobby?

cheers..

me? not very long ago. maybe just under 2 years. it's just an excuse to get off my butt and do something
    try taking more shots then try posting around here lah. then people here can help give comments.
    or you can turn up for SEED where the "big brothers" can give you some pointers. they having one tomorrow. http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...03#post1037603

if you looking for a good place to develop your films can try kim tian
    ( http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=31715)
    if you're clubsnap member, you can get a good price and the quality is great and good service too. nope, i don't own the shop nor do i get any commission but i frequently go there and is very happy with them

just shoot as much as you can and you'll see that using your cam would be second nature to you and all you need to worry about is composing the shot.
    enjoy!

Hi giddygaot, at least u can teach me some knowledge on photo taking yup, tis is e model my sis is holding. will try out setting 2 tv mode n c how is e result..recommended by all helpful ppl here, especially u

so how long hav u been taking photo hobby?

cheers..
    think you better try out Av mode first ..... that one more useful then Tv mode .....

agree with blurblock. controlling the aperture allows you to control the depth of field, ie how much of the picture is in sharp focus. gives you better creative control. my AF cam is almost always on this setting.
    use the shutter priority only if shutter speed is absolutely vital, like trying to freeze motion.
    try not to use program auto exposure (P) mode unless you are taking candids and don't want to bother.

Default thka again for help.

hi all mates, had tried out av mode recommended by latmo, n a gd tutor fr a guy in tis forum for hands on

left 3 film, will finished it all by mon n wash n c wat will b e result..

cheers...

Hi all;

Happy new Year to all photographer heres,

Had tried out e method tat all e members mention here, finally got it done.
    used ASA1600 film in AV mode n got a clear pic. now trying ASA 800 n follow by 400.

really thks for e advice from latmo, giddygoat ,blurblock, jack chen, xieyuqi n an invisible member.

thanks a million all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12