Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85

Thread: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

  1. #21
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Quote Originally Posted by NineEleven View Post
    What happened to the drink, don't drive mindset? When I go for drinks, I won't drive. It's just not worth losing your license or hurting others.
    Obviously, people who do that are not thinking straight. It's probably more of a "Ahhh I can handle it" mindset rather than "What if I crash the car? Better take a cab." mindset.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    I guess when the light turns green as far as Chinatown....these people will cheong like F1 starting grid....hopefully they can beat the red light all the way till Kalang

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,184

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Just now went to Bugis as going to SLS. I think got such accident, maybe they released the souls there while digging going around there. Then the EVIL is back! D3 style! haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

  4. #24
    Moderator PhotoProZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,638

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Obviously, people who do that are not thinking straight. It's probably more of a "Ahhh I can handle it" mindset rather than "What if I crash the car? Better take a cab." mindset.
    It's probably like: "Nah, carpark overnight expensive!"
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

  5. #25

    Default

    7x7 49 days is not up yet. Watch out day and night.

  6. #26

    Default

    If not for the 2 videos the first thing that would come to the people's mind. Must be the taxi drivers. Wrong. It's the driver behind the wheels not the type of vehicle.

  7. #27
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    As Dirty Harry would say, the next time you take a Comfort Sonata taxi late at night "you've gotta ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?'"

  8. #28

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    It's probably like: "Nah, carpark overnight expensive!"
    that's how i usually think

  9. #29
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    I wouldn't worry about the Lexus' Driver, he will essentially be in a cocoon within milliseconds of the impact. The Hyundai Sonata driver on the other hand...



    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  10. #30

    Default

    Our roads typically have a lot of junctions. Coupled with pedestrian lights and turning arrows, as a driver, you'll see an array of red and green.

    If you're not careful or driving fast where you can only catch a glancing view it's quite easy to misread the lights. Of course much worse if you're DUI.

  11. #31

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Quote Originally Posted by qystan View Post
    Our roads typically have a lot of junctions. Coupled with pedestrian lights and turning arrows, as a driver, you'll see an array of red and green.

    If you're not careful or driving fast where you can only catch a glancing view it's quite easy to misread the lights. Of course much worse if you're DUI.
    Especially true in this case. There is a pedestrian crossing about 30 metres before this junction, very easy to confuse the lights.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Drivers zoom pass front and back of people crossing in Green light and zebra line crossing
    especially when a person is crossing alone. It is not like before, waiting for people to cross first
    then make the move.
    Last edited by henry soh; 28th May 2012 at 10:06 AM.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    i think LTA shld just put an overhead traffic light. that junction will just continue to have more accidents

  14. #34

    Default

    They can actually construct a raised crossing at the pedestrian crossing near the bus stop outside burger king, with regulating strips before that. Wake up those speeding car drivers abit. If they continuing chionging, their bumper will kenna first.

  15. #35
    Senior Member shierwin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    3,336

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    May be a great idea to set such humps. Most "high performanc"e cars have low chassis

    Video of Obama 'Beast' Cadillac limo stuck on ramp in Ireland - YouTube

  16. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shierwin
    May be a great idea to set such humps. Most "high performanc"e cars have low chassis

    Video of Obama 'Beast' Cadillac limo stuck on ramp in Ireland - YouTube
    Humps on the main road isn't a good idea. Speed regulating strips are better.

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    I wouldn't worry about the Lexus' Driver, he will essentially be in a cocoon within milliseconds of the impact. The Hyundai Sonata driver on the other hand...
    Soon the drunk-driving accident-causing Lexus driver will have new type of cocoon.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 28th May 2012 at 10:24 PM.

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Quote Originally Posted by moveslikejagger92 View Post
    i think LTA shld just put an overhead traffic light. that junction will just continue to have more accidents

    Just watched Channel 5 TV news at 9.30pm 28 May 2012.
    LTA rejected Dr Lee Der-Horng's (associate professor of civil engineering) idea of cantilever overhead traffic light.
    LTA will synchronise the timings of the traffic lights at an area.
    LTA to change traffic light timings at Ferrari crash junction - Channel NewsAsia

    LTA may be wrong to reject overhead traffic light. Because their engineers' checks done in broad daylight can be different from a 3am situation.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 28th May 2012 at 10:49 PM.

  19. #39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex

    Just watched Channel 5 TV news at 9.30pm 28 May 2012.
    LTA rejected Dr Lee Der-Horng's (associate professor of civil engineering) idea of cantilever overhead traffic light.
    LTA will synchronise the timings of the traffic lights at an area.
    LTA to change traffic light timings at Ferrari crash junction - Channel NewsAsia

    LTA may be wrong to reject overhead traffic light. Because their engineers' checks done in broad daylight can be different from a 3am situation.
    Synchronize lights so its green all they way, better for speeding - great, we're finally headed in the right direction.

    Typical of bureaucrats, they don't think so, so it must be so. I won't be surprised if the fella that did the survey doesn't drive or hold a driving licence. The highway signs are a testament to their brains. Examples, the CTE North exit into Serangoon, after doing the round you get to a split, no signs to tell which to take - duh! CTE North exit into TPE, you'd probably end up in Yio Chu Kang Rd. Signs behind trees are another example of the brainy planning.

  20. #40
    Member markyen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    On a famous Island
    Posts
    1,632

    Default Re: Another accident @ Rochor/Bugis junction

    Too many lights here and there like cristmas tree later.

    Anyway any drivers here feel the newly installed traffic lights at darker areas like in Bukit Batok where there is less street lights, appear very glary during night time? they're just nice in the daytime but I felt its too bright like the ones you see in the pic on CNA ya. LTA to change traffic light timings at Ferrari crash junction - Channel NewsAsia
    NIKON f2.8 black GOLD
    Canon pure White

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •