Thread: Is there anyway to scan the photographs into a CD?

Default Is there anyway to scan the photographs into a CD?

As abovementioned.
    Anyway to DIY rather than asking the shops to do it for us?
    Please advise.

Thank you.
    All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget.

you mean, printed photographs? Just scan using a flatbed colour scanner then burn into CD lor. If you mean slides or negatives, you can also do it yourself if you have a good film scanner, or film scan adaptor for your flatbed scanner.

Originally posted by Tweek
    you mean, printed photographs? Just scan using a flatbed colour scanner then burn into CD lor. If you mean slides or negatives, you can also do it yourself if you have a good film scanner, or film scan adaptor for your flatbed scanner.
    Hi Tweek,

Thanx for the prompt reply.
    How is the quality of a flatbed color scanner scanning quality? Is it ok?

Care to share with me more about the stuffs like Film scanner and Film scan adaptor?

Originally posted by fusetrips

Hi Tweek,

Thanx for the prompt reply.
    How is the quality of a flatbed color scanner scanning quality? Is it ok?

Care to share with me more about the stuffs like Film scanner and Film scan adaptor?

depends on what you want to use the scans for...if just for web display or personal archiving, then a flatbed scanner is good enough I guess. But if you want to print the photos, or blow them up, it's best to get a dedicated film scanner that can scan at high resolutions. I don't know much about them, just now that they are expensive, in the >$1000 range. Film adaptors are just add-on devices for flatbed scanners, so the scan quality won't be too impressive either.

Originally posted by Tweek

depends on what you want to use the scans for...if just for web display or personal archiving, then a flatbed scanner is good enough I guess. But if you want to print the photos, or blow them up, it's best to get a dedicated film scanner that can scan at high resolutions. I don't know much about them, just now that they are expensive, in the >$1000 range. Film adaptors are just add-on devices for flatbed scanners, so the scan quality won't be too impressive either.
    Hi Tweek,

Do you know any shops that do developed negative scanning onto a CD?

Rgds.

Wink

Originally posted by fusetrips

Hi Tweek,

Do you know any shops that do developed negative scanning onto a CD?

Rgds.
    ColorLab (at Adelphi) and RGB (Bugis) offers this service.

But they aren't cheap.