Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Is there anyway to scan the photographs into a CD?

  1. #1

    Default Is there anyway to scan the photographs into a CD?

    As abovementioned.
    Anyway to DIY rather than asking the shops to do it for us?
    Please advise.

    Thank you.
    All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget.

  2. #2

    Default

    you mean, printed photographs? Just scan using a flatbed colour scanner then burn into CD lor. If you mean slides or negatives, you can also do it yourself if you have a good film scanner, or film scan adaptor for your flatbed scanner.

  3. #3

    Default

    Originally posted by Tweek
    you mean, printed photographs? Just scan using a flatbed colour scanner then burn into CD lor. If you mean slides or negatives, you can also do it yourself if you have a good film scanner, or film scan adaptor for your flatbed scanner.
    Hi Tweek,

    Thanx for the prompt reply.
    How is the quality of a flatbed color scanner scanning quality? Is it ok?

    Care to share with me more about the stuffs like Film scanner and Film scan adaptor?

    All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget.

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally posted by fusetrips


    Hi Tweek,

    Thanx for the prompt reply.
    How is the quality of a flatbed color scanner scanning quality? Is it ok?

    Care to share with me more about the stuffs like Film scanner and Film scan adaptor?

    depends on what you want to use the scans for...if just for web display or personal archiving, then a flatbed scanner is good enough I guess. But if you want to print the photos, or blow them up, it's best to get a dedicated film scanner that can scan at high resolutions. I don't know much about them, just now that they are expensive, in the >$1000 range. Film adaptors are just add-on devices for flatbed scanners, so the scan quality won't be too impressive either.

  5. #5

    Default

    Originally posted by Tweek


    depends on what you want to use the scans for...if just for web display or personal archiving, then a flatbed scanner is good enough I guess. But if you want to print the photos, or blow them up, it's best to get a dedicated film scanner that can scan at high resolutions. I don't know much about them, just now that they are expensive, in the >$1000 range. Film adaptors are just add-on devices for flatbed scanners, so the scan quality won't be too impressive either.
    Hi Tweek,

    Do you know any shops that do developed negative scanning onto a CD?

    Rgds.
    All photographs are there to remind us of what we forget.

  6. #6

    Wink

    Originally posted by fusetrips


    Hi Tweek,

    Do you know any shops that do developed negative scanning onto a CD?

    Rgds.
    ColorLab (at Adelphi) and RGB (Bugis) offers this service.

    But they aren't cheap.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •