Thread: Affordable multiple flash lighting system for product shoots

Default Affordable multiple flash lighting system for product shoots

Would like a multiple flash lighting system for still life/product shoots. Don't think I have budget to get a fully CLS system. Thinking of using my D70, my one SB800 and a couple of cheap(er) slave flashes. Would that work as well? Any recomendations?

whats the size of your products?

depends on the size & characteristic of the product & the location you shoot, slave flash will work as well... you need some holder or stand to adjust the slaves, the sb800 can use to trigger the slave flashes... it all depends on your expected quality level & skill.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Somebody was selling a cheap studio lighting system here some time ago. Do a search for it. For product shots you will need a proper lighting system instead of a normal flash to act as a slave.

well i really dont know what size the products will be but i guess they're likely to be table top sized.. or palm sized... Also thinking of shooting the products with the multiple flash system through a tent for more even lighting. Any brand/model of slave flashes with reliable quality and affordable pricing to recommend anyone?

hmmm... jbma... not sure about that... think it's still at least about $600, which is too much for me right now. Also thought of sharing a member's studio with a bunch of clubsnappers... but have long way to go to workout a deal with a CC like HotSpots did. Wonder if anyone got any ideas?

a 3 strobe set from eastgear is about 500 i think... enough for small objects, add another 100 for light tent...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    a 3 strobe set from eastgear is about 500 i think... enough for small objects, add another 100 for light tent...
    I believe this offer is one of your best option. You will need a soft box for sure. Why don't you find someone with similar needs and share this buy between you. You could be paying about 200 to 300 each depending on the number of 'investors'.

Can't afford it for now... and difficult to share... if the slave flashes are dirt cheap i may try them first. If not then, nextime work out a membership studio.
    So what's a good and cheap slave flash that's powerful enough to shoot through light tent? And how much is it?

btw are u the guy who wanted to borrow my 'studio'?

I just finished the product shoot job that I told you about... Everything was fine except for slightly uneven lighting and reflections that just don't cut it. So thought should be better prepared when the next opportunity arrives.