Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any idea for the latest price guide

I would just like to take this opportunity to thank the moderators for putting on their time to help everyone including thankless b*tards like our TS.
    All offense intended and sorry for the French.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

Blog Entries

Default Re: Any idea for the latest price guide

Quote Originally Posted by fmeeran View Post
    I would just like to take this opportunity to thank the moderators for putting on their time to help everyone including thankless b*tards like our TS.
    All offense intended and sorry for the French.
    now now now... we cannot be so intolerant of others.... must help them integrate.

I frankly do not understand the vitriol being spewed in this thread, especially from the more senior members.

Maybe you guys know the ins and outs of this forum, but not everyone does. I visit the Price Guide thread for Nikon quite frequently myself in the past, and am very thankful to Catchlights and all those who have contributed with their information in making this an extremely useful thread for all.

But I’ll tell you from a user’s perspective what I saw and what my impression was:

1. Thread header remains as “Nikon Price Lists (Singapore) 2009 -2011”.
    2. Last post by “catchlights - 9th February 2012” (For Canon it’s October 2011)
    3. Going into the thread, most of the prices, certainly for the stuffs I was looking at, were outdated prices. I did not notice there were a few items that were updated in 2012.

So unless you spend some time or know how things work here, like knowing that last post in (2) is not the same as last update to already existing posts, one can easily think that the thread has not been updated. Could it be that there has not been a lot of updated price info sent to catchlights, precisely because many have the same impression, that this thread is no longer being updated? The very reason why I stumbled on this thread was that I saw the header and thought it was a very relevant question.

So instead of helping someone who like TS who was just as mistaken as me, I see everyone falling over themselves to heap abuse and make scathing and sarcastic remarks, even when it’s really none of their business to “take offence”. Maybe TS didn’t start on a good enough tone for the senior members’ liking, but I thought he was honestly making an attempt to explain himself, and ended up attracting “rude and ugly” posts. I certainly think this is a side of Singaporeans we can do without.

I know I’ll probably attract more vitriol with this, but take it whichever way you want, it's really intended for those open minded enough to see things from others’ perspective, if only to calm their own indignation and annoyance towards TS.

I think this thread is going too far off, it is time to close it up.

whatever it is, I don't take things personally, as I doing this on a volunteering basis, for the good of the community.

here I would like to thank everyone here who has been helping and sharing in this community selflessly, most things are doing in the background, not much people know about it, but nevertheless, they are just contributing without any holding back. For what we see here today, are all the fruits of the unsung heroes.

time to move on..

ps, the last edit of Canon and Nikon price list is 4days ago, I didn't write the update log for some time.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12