Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    120

    Default Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Just want to share to everyone,

    My K5 does not have the top LCD protector but my friend had spare one (GGS) for Nikon D700 so he gave it to me for a try.
    After come home, I'm really surprised that it was fit 100% to K5's one. Wa...aa, I'm so happy

    If you cannot find top LCD protector for K5, you can use the D700's one

    Thanks for reading,
    Ngo

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Thanks for sharing.

    I am using a cheapo cut to fit plastic film.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Before got the protector, I had used plastic too. But you should find a hard one because the top LCD is very easy to be broken
    Notes: Did not take out the plastic, I pasted the protector over the plastic

  4. #4
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by ndhonghai View Post
    Before got the protector, I had used plastic too. But you should find a hard one because the top LCD is very easy to be broken
    Notes: Did not take out the plastic, I pasted the protector over the plastic
    In all my years of using DSLRs I have never wasted money using any top LCD protector. The top LCD is a lot tougher than you think. If the impact was so great to shatter the top LCD, do you think your protector will save it? Think again. A protector might be more useful for the rear LCD though.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    In all my years of using DSLRs I have never wasted money using any top LCD protector. The top LCD is a lot tougher than you think. If the impact was so great to shatter the top LCD, do you think your protector will save it? Think again. A protector might be more useful for the rear LCD though.
    +1 to this.
    Used SLR and DSLR with top LCD for so long.
    No issue of damage.

    The only exception was when my stupid IKEA lamp metal shade fell on my camera right smack on the LCD. (very heavy, hard and high)
    Thats not a normal occurrence obviously.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-s...body-only.html

    Someday, your camera may be like this. How bad luck! This camera owner recommended me to use hard protector for the top LCD.
    Note:
    I heard that D700 shares body frame with D300, D300s. Need to confirm. So you may use the one on D300 & D300s also.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Um why need to fret so much about nikon protectors when sgcamerastore has been selling K7/K5 screen protectors for top and back lcd screens.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    9,781
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    +1 to this.
    Used SLR and DSLR with top LCD for so long.
    No issue of damage.

    The only exception was when my stupid IKEA lamp metal shade fell on my camera right smack on the LCD. (very heavy, hard and high)
    Thats not a normal occurrence obviously.
    I once dropped my flash on my D700's top LCD. Luckily, I had the GGS protector on it. The GGS protector was shattered but the LCD beneath it was unscathed. ....You never know when you need protection.
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

  9. #9

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post
    I once dropped my flash on my D700's top LCD. Luckily, I had the GGS protector on it. The GGS protector was shattered but the LCD beneath it was unscathed. ....You never know when you need protection.
    GSS shatters rather easily.
    Anyway, up to the individual to use protection or not.
    I just won't try too hard looking for it for that assumptive fear that it breaks easily which it does not.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by legoladd View Post
    Um why need to fret so much about nikon protectors when sgcamerastore has been selling K7/K5 screen protectors for top and back lcd screens.
    Yes, sure. I just want to share the interesting: D700 has same top LCD size as K5.

  11. #11
    Senior Member cichlid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    5,060

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by ndhonghai View Post
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/buy-s...body-only.html

    Someday, your camera may be like this. How bad luck! This camera owner recommended me to use hard protector for the top LCD.
    Note:
    I heard that D700 shares body frame with D300, D300s. Need to confirm. So you may use the one on D300 & D300s also.
    The top LCDs of D300/s are bigger than those of the D700s.
    D700 one more like D90's
    Last edited by cichlid; 24th May 2012 at 03:15 PM.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Nikon D700 top LCD protector can be used on Pentax K5 ;-)

    Thanks for your useful info.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •