Thread: Denmark, Copenhagen: tips and info

Default Denmark, Copenhagen: tips and info

Hi friends
    I will be in Copenhagen for a week in June, and I hope travelers who have been there before can share your tips on what to shoot, buy, eat etc.

Cheers
    Last edited by petetherock; 23rd May 2012 at 10:14 PM.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

sorry double post
    Last edited by glbong42; 24th May 2012 at 09:37 AM.

if you have extra time, you can also go and visit malmö, sweden. It is just one train ride from copenhagen. ;-)

Default Re: Denmark, Copenhagen: tips and info

rent a bicycle, cycle around town. You will also be surprised that the "touristy boat" which is cheap and goes around Copenhagen is actually used quite a bit by Danes themselves. Really relaxing and fun in some sense.
    D7000 + 50mm

Thanks
    I found an online Frommers guide, which was very informative, and this BBC article: BBC - Travel - 15 reasons to love Copenhagen : Copenhagen
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Do visit this place. Was quite cool when I went there. Leave ur camera in the hotel though

Freetown Christiania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks friends, its a really nice place to visit.. and I also managed to visit Malmo...

A day out in Malmo...

Opps! Should have shared some of my photos with you before the trip... Anyway here's my FB page link : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Just click on the photo to go to the next one. About 30+ photos of Copenhagen. Beautiful city, very very good culinary experience.

Very nice, thanks for sharing..
    Radisson Blu? Nice place... I ate at the Radisson Royal Blu - Alberto K, expensive man..
    Plus a place called Koefoed : Restaurant Koefoed: Copenhagen Restaurants Review - 10Best Experts and Tourist Reviews
    Best Copenhagen Restaurants: Top 10Best Restaurant Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by behyx View Post
    Opps! Should have shared some of my photos with you before the trip... Anyway here's my FB page link : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Just click on the photo to go to the next one. About 30+ photos of Copenhagen. Beautiful city, very very good culinary experience.

If you are visiting the Little Mermaid statue, see if you have time to visit the nearby Gefion Fountain - it is a lady riding on a chariot pulled by four bulls. I liked it.

The Gefion Fountain in Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    If you are visiting the Little Mermaid statue, see if you have time to visit the nearby Gefion Fountain - it is a lady riding on a chariot pulled by four bulls. I liked it.

The Gefion Fountain in Copenhagen
    Thanks, I did go past that on my bus tour.. I actually like those city hop on and hop off tours, very nice way of seeing the city if you have limited time..