Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: New customer service feedback form at NSC

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights

    bang table won't get anything done,

    showing "Ah Bang"'s attitude around anywhere is SG, probably men in blue will come after you very soon,

    be patient, coming to year end already, everybody want their camera and lenses fixed and repaired fast fast, not just you only.

    Nikon service center will try to help everyone in whatever way they can, so just take your queue number and wait.
    Bang table is figurative. Just means exerting some pressure, not undue pressure.
    Like sometimes when you want to get Singtel to do something for you, just gotta go talk to their manager.
    Taking a queue number and waiting isn't an issue, it's finding the time to make multiple trips down that is the issue for me.

    Anyway I'm patient on this. So far they seem like nice people, especially the guy managing he display area who keeps urging people to try different things.

  2. #22

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Quote Originally Posted by XenoBaka View Post
    You misunderstand. It's not 3 days to fix but 3 days for the tech to look at it and decide if anything can be done and then give a quotation. I reiterate, not to fix but just to look at it.
    Yeah same as mine, 1 whole day to check FIRST then decide if it's really battery dead. That's why I banged table.

  3. #23
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    When you send your camera or lens at NSC, already stated on the paper that you signed that it'll take 3 working days for a repair quote.

    I've send my lenses and cameras a few times and that have been the case.

    HTH.

  4. #24

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    I would like to clarify some things since this thread was (un)fortunately revived, hehe.

    As XenoBaka explained, "bang table" is mostly figurative. The situation daredevil has raised about the unreasonable fungus customer is a good example of a bad customer, so I will not dispute that at all.

    However the typical nuance which I notice with the technicians at nikon is that they either really don't care or they look like they can't be bothered 95% of the time. It has become a situation whereby I have to pray that I get that one technician (only 1 individual, yes) who actually understands what working photographers require. To me it is simple, CSOs, managers or technicians may not have been working photographers before and therefore simply cannot understand from our point of view. It is strange because the other camp has technicians who look like they understand or they really do understand.

    For example, It does not make sense to me that if AF micro-adjustment can improve a back-focusing lens by a user in-camera, why can't the problem be resolved to a greater level by the technicians. The typical reply is that "it is within factory standards". I understand the factory standards part, then why don't they educate the public about AFMA and not cause any further confusion? Alot of people are starting to complain that nikon focusing sucks (unprecedented because the other camp used to be the one arrowed by AF related criticsm). This is literally hitting yourself in the head. Consumers are not retards, if your LCD screen looks green, you are obviously off by a huge margin compared to industrial standards... then I have to pay for it?! The list of issues go on.
    Last edited by surrephoto; 23rd December 2012 at 12:39 AM.

  5. #25

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    I would like to clarify some things since this thread was (un)fortunately revived, hehe.

    As XenoBaka explained, "bang table" is mostly figurative. The situation daredevil has raised about the unreasonable fungus customer is a good example of a bad customer, so I will not dispute that at all.

    However the typical nuance which I notice with the technicians at nikon is that they either really don't care or they look like they can't be bothered 95% of the time. It has become a situation whereby I have to pray that I get that one technician (only 1 individual, yes) who actually understands what working photographers require. To me it is simple, CSOs, managers or technicians may not have been working photographers before and therefore simply cannot understand from our point of view. It is strange because the other camp has technicians who look like they understand or they really do understand.

    For example, It does not make sense to me that if AF micro-adjustment can improve a back-focusing lens by a user in-camera, why can't the problem be resolved to a greater level by the technicians. The typical reply is that "it is within factory standards". I understand the factory standards part, then why don't they educate the public about AFMA and not cause any further confusion? Alot of people are starting to complain that nikon focusing sucks (unprecedented because the other camp used to be the one arrowed by AF related criticsm). This is literally hitting yourself in the head. Consumers are not retards, if your LCD screen looks green, you are obviously off by a huge margin compared to industrial standards... then I have to pay for it?! The list of issues go on.
    Dude, 95% of the SG market are not working photography professionals who needs to these kind of information. They only get uptight when the camera doesn't perform as required.

    It's like telling them high-ISO helps in low light and faster shutter speed, and then explain to them more ISO used = higher noise, lessen DR, possible artifacts, etc.

    Sufficient information is sufficient. When asked, provide the information. Information overload will only turn the customer off and give more trouble for yourself.

    That said Nikon's marketing has always been the same since eons ago, all the old fogeys, who think that Nikon still moves the market and not vice-versa, so you get the PAP style of replies "it happens once in every 50 years". If they don't care about market share, why do we as shooting professionals bother about it for them?

  6. #26

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    Dude, 95% of the SG market are not working photography professionals who needs to these kind of information. They only get uptight when the camera doesn't perform as required.

    It's like telling them high-ISO helps in low light and faster shutter speed, and then explain to them more ISO used = higher noise, lessen DR, possible artifacts, etc.

    Sufficient information is sufficient. When asked, provide the information. Information overload will only turn the customer off and give more trouble for yourself.

    That said Nikon's marketing has always been the same since eons ago, all the old fogeys, who think that Nikon still moves the market and not vice-versa, so you get the PAP style of replies "it happens once in every 50 years". If they don't care about market share, why do we as shooting professionals bother about it for them?
    Seems that you are spot on for the marketing part. But I believe consumers are become smarter and somewhat smart aleckish nowadays and many people actually know about more complicated features.

  7. #27

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post
    Seems that you are spot on for the marketing part. But I believe consumers are become smarter and somewhat smart aleckish nowadays and many people actually know about more complicated features.
    True but all are almost half-baked like you say, they think they know 1 thing, they know everything. I just smile when I hear wrong info being shared, often I get these during events, and a lot of cameras are around and sharing their latest gears/knowledge.

  8. #28
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surrephoto View Post

    Seems that you are spot on for the marketing part. But I believe consumers are become smarter and somewhat smart aleckish nowadays and many people actually know about more complicated features.
    You will be amazed how many working professionals do not know about AF fine tune. Much less for non professionals.

  9. #29

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    That's why nikon bodies are still compatible with the older MF lenses. Not happy with Nikon AF? They will tell you to use their MF lenses.

  10. #30

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Quote Originally Posted by kklee View Post
    To me, service level is simply how soon I can get my equipment back.
    i have an experience with nsc, when my j1 suddenly stop working - during a trip to my hometown. once i was back in singapore, i brought it to nsc on 18 dec. as usual, it will take 2 weeks to solve the problem. since i really need the camera for my next trip, i asked the possibility to expedite the process. due to the year end, they are not able to entertain my request and i have to use the 'heavier' equipment

    however, other than this experience, the nsc service is quite satisfactory. in general, they are able to repair earlier than promised.

  11. #31

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You will be amazed how many working professionals do not know about AF fine tune. Much less for non professionals.
    This is true and rather unfortunate.

  12. #32

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Quote Originally Posted by adipranoto View Post
    i have an experience with nsc, when my j1 suddenly stop working - during a trip to my hometown. once i was back in singapore, i brought it to nsc on 18 dec. as usual, it will take 2 weeks to solve the problem. since i really need the camera for my next trip, i asked the possibility to expedite the process. due to the year end, they are not able to entertain my request and i have to use the 'heavier' equipment

    however, other than this experience, the nsc service is quite satisfactory. in general, they are able to repair earlier than promised.
    i got 2 missed call from nsc on the 24th morning, and another 1 this morning (plus 1 sms) - despite i told them not to call me this week since i'll not be in singapore ...... [ selfish mode on ] really don't understand why can't they finish it on friday aft so that i can have a more enjoyable year end trip. lack of personalised service??? ..... hmmmm ...... [ selfish mode off ] ......

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    I always went there to clean sensor. The service is fast. Less than 30min to clean. Sometimes they dun charge me.

  14. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    SINGAPORE
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    BTW, what is NPS? What benefits does NPS have?

  15. #35
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalphoto View Post
    BTW, what is NPS? What benefits does NPS have?
    You can read here... NPS Singapore :: Nikon Professional Services

    Here's what NPS Singapore membership has to offer you, the full-time working pro:

    Free image sensor cleaning* and NPS-only rates on equipment servicing
    Expedited service turnaround times**
    Loan equipment provided for equipment being serviced**
    Get access to exclusive news and information of use to professional photographers, as well as invitations to Nikon events and product launches

  16. #36

    Default Re: New customer service feedback form at NSC

    Finally picked-up my J1 last Wed. Power PCB was replaced, and still under warranty .. phewww. According to NSC, it is an isolated problem and not a 'bug'. However, my holiday finished already and need to wait for the next event to continue playing with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •