Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendation on protecting the camera shooting in a sand storm?

Default Re: Recommendation on protecting the camera shooting in a sand storm?

Quote Originally Posted by taeivon View Post
    Thanks for the link Rashkae!
    Inspirational!
    Can I do this with my tiny A33?
    Haa!
    you might wanna tape up the Microphone jacks and all other holes in the camera body. the A33 is not Weather and Dust proof. you need to take extra precautions

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

you might wanna tape up the Microphone jacks and all other holes in the camera body. the A33 is not Weather and Dust proof. you need to take extra precautions
    Officially, neither are the a900 and cz2470. ;-)
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Officially, neither are the a900 and cz2470. ;-)
    you know i know everybody knows that they are to a certain degree

If it is just sand being blown by the wind, I wouldn't bother doing anything extra to my gear. It will survive. In the worst case, I note that your equipment (besides the D2x) s fairly inexpensive. Replacement cost shouldn't be that great. I'm guessing only 1 dSLR and 1 lens will be exposed.

I honestly do not think plastic bags will offer any protection. If anything, it may hinder your usage of your camera. Of course, this is entirely up to your creativity. For all you know, you may end up creating a product cherished by many.

If it is a real sandstorm, please take care of yourself first. I wouldn't be thinking about my equipment.
    Last edited by Blur Shadow; 23rd May 2012 at 08:21 PM.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

I would also suggest getting spare filters in case you scratch them because of the sand storm. Next prepare to throw your gear away after the trip. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    If it is just sand being blown by the wind, I wouldn't bother doing anything extra to my gear. It will survive. In the worst case, I note that your equipment (besides the D2x) s fairly inexpensive. Replacement cost shouldn't be that great. I'm guessing only 1 dSLR and 1 lens will be exposed.

I honestly do not think plastic bags will offer any protection. If anything, it may hinder your usage of your camera. Of course, this is entirely up to your creativity. For all you know, you may end up creating a product cherished by many.

If it is a real sandstorm, please take care of yourself first. I wouldn't be thinking about my equipment.
    Thanks BlueShadow. I hope in June, the wind wouldn't be as bad as the one in March.

Quote Originally Posted by spgohjc View Post
    I would also suggest getting spare filters in case you scratch them because of the sand storm. Next prepare to throw your gear away after the trip. Haha.
    Got it. I am going down to Cathayphoto to have a look at some filters. Thanks for the advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12