Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Macro lens, big different price

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    singapore, Jurong
    Posts
    122

    Default Macro lens, big different price

    asked 2 shop.
    I don't wish to name the full name of the shop. But u all should know.
    CP and AP. ( i looking 90mm tamron macro lens)

    CP selling me S$640 with DI version.
    AP selling me S$540 with DI version



    All include GST.
    Most of the time, i go CP. now i switch to AP because i know one guy gave
    me very very cheap price.

    * normally u called, abt S$580 to S$620 with GST. depend which guy serve u.
    Maybe u are super regular, maybe cheaper then my $540 price.

    Good luck
    Last edited by letdoit; 7th January 2005 at 08:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    so you bought your lens? or you're inquiring?

  3. #3

    Default

    simple. there is a price where they can sell you but make no profit. any price above that is commission so it depends on how much commission they want to make.

  4. #4
    Senior Member erictan8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,885

    Default

    wow.. i also eyeing this lens leh....
    how come so big a price diff ?
    MS colour selling at $590 from e-quote....

    hmm... looks like AP still the best price.... but for this lens, is there any issue with local warranty or agent warranty? as in, is there any so called grey sets for this lens, since i dun think tamron got any singapore office....
    Hope to learn from everyone here....

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erictan8888
    wow.. i also eyeing this lens leh....
    how come so big a price diff ?
    MS colour selling at $590 from e-quote....

    hmm... looks like AP still the best price.... but for this lens, is there any issue with local warranty or agent warranty? as in, is there any so called grey sets for this lens, since i dun think tamron got any singapore office....
    Warranty is by Tithes Marketing. Got 2 years extended local warranty.. dun really understand what it means by 2 years extended.. is it total of 2 years or 3 years ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    did he just bought a grey set or what?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    singapore, Jurong
    Posts
    122

    Default

    i asked only. Didn't buy because i don't know the price. When i came back to surf net, then i found that his price given me is cheaper then 2nd hand.

    on the other hand, i still thinking because i not sure if i bought this lens, how many time can i use. Now all my camera and lens is dry box for couple of mths. If i bought this, maybe first 2 mths interesting, then .........
    i still thinking. if i bought it at 540, then how much i going to lose after selling 2nd hand. Maybe can buy because the macro lens didn't drop so much. Better then last time i selling my L lens.

    Anyone think that i should buy? i really afraid that i lost interest very fast.....

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by letdoit
    i asked only. Didn't buy because i don't know the price. When i came back to surf net, then i found that his price given me is cheaper then 2nd hand.

    on the other hand, i still thinking because i not sure if i bought this lens, how many time can i use. Now all my camera and lens is dry box for couple of mths. If i bought this, maybe first 2 mths interesting, then .........
    i still thinking. if i bought it at 540, then how much i going to lose after selling 2nd hand. Maybe can buy because the macro lens didn't drop so much. Better then last time i selling my L lens.

    Anyone think that i should buy? i really afraid that i lost interest very fast.....
    if you think u going to lose interest so fast then dun buy.. nobody can tell u the answer except urself.
    anyway if you are buying from AP, make sure that it comes with local warranty.. Tithes marketing is with 2 years extended local warranty.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    singapore, Jurong
    Posts
    122

    Default

    hmm, i will take note of that. 2 or 3 years....


    Peninsula shopping center. 1st floor. DOn't remember the shop name.
    There selling sigma 105mm macro at S$640.
    That man didn't sell tamron, he said 90mm is not as good as 105mm and his one got DG....... then i just sound like want to compare the price, he just slip out from his tongue said abt S$580. But he didn't sell. Then said the price is so close, why not buy 105mm...

    So i found :sigma 105mm = S$640
    90MM = s$ 540
    which one worth it???
    don't tell me up to u
    Last edited by letdoit; 7th January 2005 at 08:37 PM.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    singapore, Jurong
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chaotic
    simple. there is a price where they can sell you but make no profit. any price above that is commission so it depends on how much commission they want to make.

    commission!!!! hmmm, that guy so good la? sell me so cheap. see me look like student. ha ha. maybe saturday, i try to where secondary school uniform. See can ask 400++ or not.
    just kidding.

    if anyone found better price, do post here, help each other lo

  11. #11

    Default

    Go try both. Take a couple of shots with both lens. Compare the pictures on your screen at home. I prefer the tamron.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    singapore, Jurong
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erictan8888
    wow.. i also eyeing this lens leh....
    how come so big a price diff ?
    MS colour selling at $590 from e-quote....

    hmm... looks like AP still the best price.... but for this lens, is there any issue with local warranty or agent warranty? as in, is there any so called grey sets for this lens, since i dun think tamron got any singapore office....

    eyeing this lens? i bought already. is 550 for canon and 540 for nikon... extra 10 dollars. AP service also good.

  13. #13

    Default

    Take note that AP does not sell any grey Tamron lenses. All are agent warranty.

    It's very difficult to find grey Tamron lenses in Singapore, the possibility is almost zero.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    singapore, Jurong
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USM
    Take note that AP does not sell any grey Tamron lenses. All are agent warranty.

    It's very difficult to find grey Tamron lenses in Singapore, the possibility is almost zero.
    Don't so angry! Those ppl always think that cheap must be grey goods. Let them buy those "same items with higher prices".

    My is under Tithes Marketing (s) pte ltd. So not a problem.
    But i don't know what is the meaning of 2 years extended local warranty.
    Is it mean 1 year worldwide + 2 years local only?
    = total 3 years local????????

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •