Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25 mm F/1.4 (m43 format) User Review

Default Re: Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 25 mm F/1.4 (m43 format) User Review

Go get one lah no regrets one kekekeke. BnS like got quite a number of pple selling

Ok on serious note, I think you have more or less captured the essence of what the spirit of this lens is about Great work and great write up! Good night!

(Shot @ f1.4 w E-P3)
    Last edited by zapp!; 25th May 2012 at 12:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zapp! View Post
    Go get one lah no regrets one kekekeke. BnS like got quite a number of pple selling

Ok on serious note, I think you have more or less captured the essence of what the spirit of this lens is about Great work and great write up! Good night!

(Shot @ f1.4 w E-P3)
    Thanks zapp! a bit hard to justify when have nokton of same focal length, and the 75/1,8 & 12-35f2.8 looks so good as well. But ye, 25/1.4 is really tempting! Thanks for dropping by, post more and poison more people, that's the spirit of this forum

Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    Thanks zapp! a bit hard to justify when have nokton of same focal length, and the 75/1,8 & 12-35f2.8 looks so good as well. But ye, 25/1.4 is really tempting! Thanks for dropping by, post more and poison more people, that's the spirit of this forum
    You have just reminded me of the upcoming poison from the Oly and Panny camps -_-

Hi Bros,
    Thinking of getting this lens, thanks for the good review.
    My concern is the rubber zoom ring is like dust magnet i heard, is it that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by xherion
    Hi Bros,
    Thinking of getting this lens, thanks for the good review.
    My concern is the rubber zoom ring is like dust magnet i heard, is it that bad?
    Hmm, I don't it long enough since its loaned to comment though I have 100-300 which has rubber ring as well. I keep it in drybox so its not of a big problem. Maybe bro Zapp! may have owned it longer to add his view? Thanks for comments and dropping by.

The rubber zoom ring is a bit of dust magnet. Though I hardly use my lens, i think it collected some of the fine lint when I transported it in one of my camera bags. But i think it shouldnt be too hard to clean it once in a while. At the end of he day, it's a minor to non-issue really compared to the positives of this lens.

Quote Originally Posted by esoeij
    The rubber zoom ring is a bit of dust magnet. Though I hardly use my lens, i think it collected some of the fine lint when I transported it in one of my camera bags. But i think it shouldnt be too hard to clean it once in a while. At the end of he day, it's a minor to non-issue really compared to the positives of this lens.
    Good info! Ya shouldn't be much issue, just like rattling sound with oly bodies.

To answer abt the dust, yes it does gather - but i have not owned a lens with rubber rings that didnt collect dust

Dun worry too much abt the external appearance of the equipment - just go shoot photos

Great effort for the review ! Thanks.

Enough poison from you, Nokton 25/0.95 , OMD-M5 and now Panny 25mm/1.4 ...

Still trying to get use to my first manual focus lens on my GH2 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by silverarrow View Post
    Great effort for the review ! Thanks.

Enough poison from you, Nokton 25/0.95 , OMD-M5 and now Panny 25mm/1.4 ...

Still trying to get use to my first manual focus lens on my GH2 at the moment.
    Hehe, bro, I actually thought you have 25/1.4 or was it 14? Anyways, i still think CV25 & PL25 are quite different, good at it's own. There are certain shots that CV25 can achieve that 25/1.4 can't and vice versa. CV25 can do extreme low light and yet brightens up the situation, PL25 can do low light with AF fast enough for events (I was so very impressed using it for DND last week, if i had brought CV25, probably only handful keepers). I'm been poisoned seriously thinking about this lens, must stay sane and pass poison to others haha. Thanks for the comments and dropping by. Stay sane ok!

how much this lens cost?.anyone know store that has it on stock in singapore?,thx

Around $800, Parisilk Holland v had a set I think. Best to call before going down.

Nice read! Really useful for people looking into buying this lens like me.

By any chance have you tried using the PN25 to shoot videos while mounted on the EM-5? Hows the performance?

Quote Originally Posted by jin06 View Post
    Nice read! Really useful for people looking into buying this lens like me.

By any chance have you tried using the PN25 to shoot videos while mounted on the EM-5? Hows the performance?
    Thanks, glad it's useful for you. Haven't tested with video to comment, although I wouldn't think there's much issue since the motor is quiet enough. Unless you use Manual focusing, which will need some time getting used to, though it does have a slightly better manual focusing feel than most "focus by wire" like kit lenses.
    Last edited by wonglp; 29th June 2012 at 06:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12