Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: "Uniquely Orchard" SUPER-PANOROMIC Project.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Cool "Uniquely Orchard" SUPER-PANOROMIC Project.

    Hey guys... Our Orchard thread has been striked off. To stir things up again, I'm rolling the ball now...

    We are going all the way in to make this "Uniquely Orchard" come true, and make it a part of our Unique Singapore.

    An unofficial trial shoot will be done with my new dSLR that's coming soon.
    On this Saturday!

    Dennis Kee 99% will be there with me...
    another other on-goers?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    i might b around tat area, tentatively the timing on saturday?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    The shooting time will be kicked off at 1pm... Anyone else?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Anyone here in CS knows how to crack Photoshop CS, scratch disk max limit? or is there any other powerful stitching programs that can handle few hundred metres of actual file size?

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acrylonithrill
    Anyone here in CS knows how to crack Photoshop CS, scratch disk max limit? or is there any other powerful stitching programs that can handle few hundred metres of actual file size?
    Click edit-> Preference-> memory & image cache-> plugin & scratch disk-> first: change to C: or D: or E: and click ok. Hope this help
    Last edited by Tweety; 6th January 2005 at 08:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety
    Click edit-> Preference->
    That can only increase the scratch disk... but there's a limit of 2GB of file handling size for the program... So was wondering who's the genius who can help to crack the code...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acrylonithrill
    That can only increase the scratch disk... but there's a limit of 2GB of file handling size for the program... So was wondering who's the genius who can help to crack the code...
    you are saying even original PS CS also got this limitation ah?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    upper thomson
    Posts
    183

    Default

    erm... i think the 2Gb limit is caused by the file format of the hard disk. FAT32's maximum file size is 2Gb. If PS write its 'scratch' on a single file... then its probably the file format...

    convert it to NTFS file format and try?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by acrylonithrill
    The shooting time will be kicked off at 1pm... Anyone else?
    Newbies can join??

  10. #10

    Default

    Hey Louis,
    Perhaps you should state the equipment required for the unofficial trial panoramic shoot.
    You are using DSLR right? min height of tripod, etc...
    Which zone do you intend to try out this time? Lucky Plaza? CK Tang?


    Jackie
    Info Management Sub-Committee
    Uniquely Orchard Committee

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    sorry, can't join then... cos having a class @ 2pm to 4pm... only then will i be free..
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niterider
    Newbies can join??
    Sure no prob... Just come along and join in the fun. The more the merrier...

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dolpjki
    Hey Louis,
    Perhaps you should state the equipment required for the unofficial trial panoramic shoot.
    You are using DSLR right? min height of tripod, etc...
    Which zone do you intend to try out this time? Lucky Plaza? CK Tang?


    Jackie
    Info Management Sub-Committee
    Uniquely Orchard Committee
    As reminded by jackie, I'll be equipped with my Manfrotto 055. So basic requirements, lens that can be meet the 50mm mark. A tripod should not be too short/tall... This time round we should try out the Centrepoint area. It's the most "hilly" area... So try this zone out to find out the problems that will occur during the actual shootout.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    sorry, can't join then... cos having a class @ 2pm to 4pm... only then will i be free..

    Then never mind its ok... if you would like to have lunch with us and understand our mode of operation, feel free to join in...

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy
    erm... i think the 2Gb limit is caused by the file format of the hard disk. FAT32's maximum file size is 2Gb. If PS write its 'scratch' on a single file... then its probably the file format...

    convert it to NTFS file format and try?
    Hmm... Abit chim for me... Hehehe... I'm better versed in the program than the whole intergrated processor...

    Anyway, could you PM me your contact, as my team could ask you questions regarding IT.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tweety
    you are saying even original PS CS also got this limitation ah?
    Hmm... I think its like what Fuzzy said, the limitation of the hard disk...

  17. #17

    Default

    Louis, WinXP and Win2k are usually using NTFS by default.
    If you are using that and didnt make any changes during installation of the OS,
    your system should be NTFS.

    Jackie
    Info Management Group
    Uniquely Orchard Committee

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Jackie and Alvin... I think PPG needs both you to come into advising of the system to be used...

  19. #19

    Default

    I newbie..only got my Canon S1. haha... i think i just join for fun while u guys get serious

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Eastern Coast of Singapore
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by niterider
    I newbie..only got my Canon S1. haha... i think i just join for fun while u guys get serious
    Just come down, have fun, chill out... You may be needed in some groups... Cause we are still undermanned...

    Can I know what's your forte? Digital darkroom?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •