Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Used mountain bike recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by kex
    hehe..

the boss told me that bike cost $3000+ brand new last time,later go and ask how much he selling..*dreaming*

Nx time will ask my customer wad brand is the 20k bike,he told me the frame alone cost 7k+..
    heheh...well for 7K for the frame, could be looking at a downhill MTB like Foes, Intense, Turner, Tomac, Karpiel....etc. All selling in the US$3-4,000 for the frame and maybe another US$1-2,000 for the shocks forks. you got my curiosity peaked! man...heheh...me gonna get home and flick through some of my MTB magazines to see what kind of parts and frame I can put together to get such an expensive ride. Deep pockets man heheh.

heh..actually i have seen one downhill bike with big nokian tyres at Tiong Hin before...cost a bomb too ... ard 20k or more..imported from Germany or something....and it weighs a TONNE!!!!!

Pei Fu the guy who cycled from his house to Tiong Hin or anywhere!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    heheh...well for 7K for the frame, could be looking at a downhill MTB like Foes, Intense, Turner, Tomac, Karpiel....etc. All selling in the US$3-4,000 for the frame and maybe another US$1-2,000 for the shocks forks. you got my curiosity peaked! man...heheh...me gonna get home and flick through some of my MTB magazines to see what kind of parts and frame I can put together to get such an expensive ride. Deep pockets man heheh.

let go shoot on our bike some days....

kekkeke...

shoot each other bike? kekkekee

got myself the mongoose bike just now,hehe..

rode back from AMK to bedok,my ass getting sore leh..
    issit normal? or is the seat position out?
    wad is the most comfy seat in the market?
    Thanks!

hello...glad u made it home
    ...was wondering where u pedalled to after we parted...tried to locate u but failed.
    Enjoy your exercise

i rode to athar leh,but no one there,so i rode home from athar in 35mins !
    hehehe..was racing with a bangadesh worker on the way home,hahaha!

Ok...but do not exceed speed limit
    First of all make sure u have the proper front and rear lights fitted for visibility for night riding
    ...and helmet too...use the Arai if not buying one

maybe we should have a makan ride to prata shops one of these days

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    all talk so much.

where are the PHOTOS of the bikes?
    Okay lah....here's my rig. basic no nonsense built to move as fast as my legs can take it.

Well looking at my height you can imagine how much smaller I choose for a frame. But it's nimble and fast on tight trails.

Would be nice to see other's mtb too. No excuse hor...here all bloody photographers!!! LOL...

eh..how come ur eyes cropped away?

too ham scared pp *sort tio* ?

kekekkee..
    nice bike u have there,the wheelset chio leh..
    got any advise for my sore ass anot >?

got myself the mongoose bike just now,hehe..

rode back from AMK to bedok,my ass getting sore leh..
    issit normal? or is the seat position out?
    wad is the most comfy seat in the market?
    Thanks!
    Welcome to the riding group.

Ya well it gets like that for a while. I sure hope your saddle is a basic one and not a racing one as that would really tear your butt off riding so far for the first time hahahah.... Well you will get use to it...the more you ride, it will get better. You ass has never been used to all that pounding ( even if you bought a full suspension rig) or having something between your butt for the duration hehe..so you do get abit sore. Seating position will help but no more then it takes you to get use to riding a saddle one day. For seat position and all adjustment, you should get the shop to try to help you out with that. You need someone with you to do that...asking for help from this forum and for someone to write you the theory on seat post adjustment and bike adjustment will take way too long hehe. Becareful always when you ride and if you can, do try to get yourself a helmet and gloves...trust those of us who advice you about this. You will not regret it. It is not a fashion statement to wear those stuff. The helmets I have owed all these years have saves my handsome face more then a few times...including keep all my brain cells in one place and not scatter all over the road

It is also good to see you are not shy to take on a softer seat. Most would go for the super light racer..but for the unitiated...riding on that for about 100km feels like you have a blade for a seat between your legs. Get comfy.

Enjoy your new steed

what's so good about a hard seat anyway ar?

got any cushion seat to recommend?

will go to bike shop to get those safety gear 2moro!
    haiz..

so many things to buy..so little $$$$$$$$

man + hobby = ??

eh..how come ur eyes cropped away?

too ham scared pp *sort tio* ?

kekekkee..
    nice bike u have there,the wheelset chio leh..
    got any advise for my sore ass anot >?
    Well I have to be frank...I still would like to keep my privacy..call it bad experiences with so call group activities. I am sure I will meet some of the nice folks here one day but I don't feel the need to pasted my face all over heheh. Maybe might scare some away or steal someone wife away LOL..

Well I have two sets of wheels depending on what kind of riding I do.

The sore butt? .....nature will take care of that..you just bear down on it and keep riding heh. Keep to your soft and broad saddle if it came with one. If not, you can get those gel padded one for about $20-30. Very broad and comfy ones but more for ladies...get those about average width lah and you should be safe and shameless. heheh

Make short trips. Don't try to go join season riders to take epic round-island rides. Even trips to Pulau Ubin should be taken really easy if you really have to. Alway try to stop enough time to ease your sore end. I know you might be tempted to stay on for the sake of your friends but try to stop enough time. The soreness is also due to your tailbone taking a lot more hits then it's used to. And if you lay out riding for a long enough period..that pain in the butt will surely return too heheh

check out the comfort saddle from Specialized http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqSect...SaddlesComfort

most LBS shld have them (Tiong Hin shld have too).........

also get glove, for me after long ride my thumb area will get numb, the glove will help........

Cheers........

haiz..

man + hobby = ??

holy cowz!!! Spinergy wheel!!!!!

Okay lah....here's my rig. basic no nonsense built to move as fast as my legs can take it.

Well looking at my height you can imagine how much smaller I choose for a frame. But it's nimble and fast on tight trails.

Would be nice to see other's mtb too. No excuse hor...here all bloody photographers!!! LOL...

yup make short trip first....remember when i started off, i join some intermediate riders and was taught a tough lesson man....nearly couldn't complete the course...heh.....

Sammy888, Do u chiong the famous Coastal Road at Changi?

I used to chiong there with my kakis. 10km (or 5km??) of flat terrain with minimal traffic lite, a real test of ur stamina, speed and fitness, and mind manz!!!! heh.....

Cheers..........

Make short trips. Don't try to go join season riders to take epic round-island rides. Even trips to Pulau Ubin should be taken really easy if you really have to. Alway try to stop enough time to ease your sore end. I know you might be tempted to stay on for the sake of your friends but try to stop enough time. The soreness is also due to your tailbone taking a lot more hits then it's used to. And if you lay out riding for a long enough period..that pain in the butt will surely return too heheh

thanks for the link~!

will go source for it 2moro..

maybe can organise a Ubin trip someday huh ?

haiz..

man + hobby = ??
    I had a pretty good spare Giro Helmet. But you are too late, I sold that to a friend a few months back if not I can let you have that. Well the slim racing saddle is slim for a reason. It does not interfear with your pedaling when you are seated and when you are standing up to hammer the pedals it also is small enough to stay out of the way. Plus the most important reason for those want to shave weight from their bike. A slim graphite with light but reasonably "comfy" gel pad with titanium rails can save you more then 100 grams. heh...So that is how we shave some weight from our bikes...we start using titanium screws, nuts, and anything other parts that is safe to use that or some exotic material. I dont subcribe to all that 100% as I find some parts made of toolight material will give way to durability and strength.

You don't need to get the best brand of helmets..an entry level one will be good enough. Gloves will be good too. Fully covered ones are better and make sure the palm areas are well padded as when you fall, you will tend to go down with your palms open and to the ground. With enough padding it will help to cushion the impact plus save your palm from being badly scrapped by the road or whatever rough surfaces. If you can't get the torchlight then make sure you have at least a blinker for your rear. If you want to put that off till later to get a better lamp system then I say, do your riding in broad day light for now. Which is good in order to get you use to riding on roads, park..etc. You must remember that you need to ride well not just to save yourself from accidents but if you are going to bring your camera long...you need to keep that "wife" of yours safe too heheh.

Think that is about it for now heheh ..my mind abit wozzy as it is past bed time heh..but I am sure the rest here will be able to offer other valuable advice to you too. I can sense alot of good riders among us here man.

The mongoose is a good bike to start with.

Oops after seeing the pic and reading the discussion here about the brands you guys are into, me thinking twice whether my old made in taiwan bike can join your cycling trips...

dun worry,my mongoose is also made in taiwan.

i'm quite experienced riding on the road after riding a motorbike for 11yrs..
    i always check back once in a while and stop to give way to filtering vehicle or bus..

Time to shed some fats!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast