Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Frustrations

Thanks for all the suggestions. ... Some of you guys make me sound like a heartless father ... hahaha.. but I guess from my initial posting, if I'm an outsider, I'd think of that too.

Anyway, thanks for all your suggestions. I know now what I should do. There are many genres of photography, so doesn't mean I can't do something I love, doesn't mean I dont continue what I like best. When I first bought my camera, I said I'd shoot my kids, and I shoot continue. I think that's crucial. Then PP as many as possible, and post it up for critique. Will also think of BW, as then it's not really affected by the harsh sunlight.

Will also think of calling for a walkaround during office hours and see the response.

And no, I don't run a company .. But i'm in the project industry where i have some free time inbetween, but actually super busy during the start and end of the project.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions.
    My Gear : Me, Myself and Joshua
    http://www.newbietophotography.com

Quote Originally Posted by Squid

Depending on the time that your "domestic duty" starts, you may consider photographing the twilight portion of sunrise (i.e. around 6.15am to 7am) at location near your home.

Else try night landscape photography including those where one does long exposure coupled with light painting after all you have completed all domestic duty.

Lastly, consider "still life photography".
    Don't laugh, I am seriously thinking this themes.

"My house"
    "My Neighbourhood"

There are creative ways of doing it I'm sure.

Default Re: Frustrations

Quote Originally Posted by crysmeth View Post

"My house"
    "My Neighbourhood"
    Try the wee hours photography, as it shows the social or economic activities that occur while most of us are asleep.

1. Stay off meth, no good for you
    2. You're only into landscape? What bout streets, archit, or get your wife to pose for you in lingerie, or... ahem, book a room during office and shoot lingerie
    How old are you, you're not into a mid life crisis are you? Otherwise why the sudden itch, as for me I shoot in my head all the time, no need camera, when I look at people I would tend to think which is their good side and click. Strange but true, and I find I actually improve due the next shoot. Lots of ways to go about it, you must look into yourself and find what's best for you.

Blog Entries

Not yet. My Kiddos are 5,3,1. Son maybe but my 2little princesses not yet. Hehe.
    congratulations on 3 kids ! most of us struggle even with only one child

the timing of your kids sound planned 5,3,1 which is good .... but in making decisions on family planning, certain things have to sacrifice like vacations and hobbies

i suggest put photography as a 2nd or 3rd priority for a few years until the kids are bigger ..... and you have THREE some more .... all so young

OR try other genres of photography maybe which fits your possible timeslots and current lifestyle ..... better than the other way around and trying to re-arrange your family for photography
    Last edited by ed9119; 20th May 2012 at 11:17 PM.
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Thanks for all the suggestions. ... Some of you guys make me sound like a heartless father ... hahaha.. but I guess from my initial posting, if I'm an outsider, I'd think of that too.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you. Just saying that if you have to choose, you should choose your family.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc
    1. Stay off meth, no good for you
    2. You're only into landscape? What bout streets, archit, or get your wife to pose for you in lingerie, or... ahem, book a room during office and shoot lingerie
    How old are you, you're not into a mid life crisis are you? Otherwise why the sudden itch, as for me I shoot in my head all the time, no need camera, when I look at people I would tend to think which is their good side and click. Strange but true, and I find I actually improve due the next shoot. Lots of ways to go about it, you must look into yourself and find what's best for you.
    Point 1, checked. Been sober for sometime now.

Point 2, checked. Now let's see how I shoot Scarlett jo in lingerie.

Thanks.

Haha

Seriously. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

Don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you. Just saying that if you have to choose, you should choose your family.
    Naahh no offense taken.

When i got married/dating i was into lady portrait photography.

When i had my daughter i was then suddenly into baby/kids photography. Just shoot whatever is going on that day la.

Haha shoots two birds with one lens.

Do studio lah!! Studio can be done usually in the afternoon?!?!
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

"My house"
    "My Neighbourhood"

There are creative ways of doing it I'm sure.
    That's a good way to start as well...nothing is too lame anyway. I do agree that family should come first...although i vote for open communication with your spouse, but i also do understand that sometimes it's really tough to strike a balance between a hobby and family...anyway, good luck and I hope that you will be able to find your niche!
    flickr

i think i would rather find a partner who loves photography as well

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i think i would rather find a partner who loves photography as well
    Wah lau, adding more fuel to fire...
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    Wah lau, adding more fuel to fire...
    no i'm not

i'm just stating my preference

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

no i'm not

i'm just stating my preference
    No la. Its OK. Afterall I only got into photography when my second daughter was 1 year old.

If I had a choice now I'll still choose the same one. Wah lao. 3 kids liao leh.

Anyway not turning this into some marriage counselling thing but I'm more frustrated by the lack of ways to learn collectively during office hours. I guess that's what made me push this post.

Its like every course , walkabout, etc is either during evenings or weekends. I know the response might be bad if it's during office hour. But just wondering la who will , hence this post.

Anyway feedback has been great.

No la. Its OK. Afterall I only got into photography when my second daughter was 1 year old.

Anyway not turning this into some marriage counselling thing but I'm more frustrated by the lack of ways to learn collectively during office hours. I guess that's what made me push this post.

Its like every course , walkabout, etc is either during evenings or weekends. I know the response might be bad if it's during office hour. But just wondering la who will , hence this post.

these days, i just use instagram

Not sure where your office is, perhaps, just randomly bring your camera to shoot around your office area? Who knows who you may bump into...
    flickr

I know of someone, who is a very talented photographer, he is very busy at work, and also busy with his family, don't have much time to go for shoot, so he uses his lunch time everyday, and the time waiting for daughter attending tuition classes during weekends, shooting spiders in the shrub just along roadside, than that make him a expert of shooting spiders just only a few months.

He didn't use any awesome tukong camera, just a humble D80 and AFD 105 macro lens.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights
    I know of someone, who is a very talented photographer, he is very busy at work, and also busy with his family, don't have much time to go for shoot, so he uses his lunch time everyday, and the time waiting for daughter attending tuition classes during weekends, shooting spiders in the shrub just along roadside, than that make him a expert of shooting spiders just only a few months.

He didn't use any awesome tukong camera, just a humble D80 and AFD 105 macro lens.
    Humbling.

macro don't suit you. go down take photos of the local cats, can bring your younger kids see meow meow also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast