Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Frustrations

Default Frustrations

Hi all.

Been in me for sometime and just wanna let out and hopefully get someone here to push me in the right direction. Haha.

Love photography and love taking my Kids. I have 3 and they together with my wife takes enormous time.

I want to take sunrise and sunsets yet for Sun rise, waking up early is fine but need to feed my little one. By the time i rush to location will be late. Then need to fetch my 2 others to school then wife to work so can't. Evening's have to fetch wife so sunsets are no no. Only chance is wife on dinner then can whoo hoo take a few. But that's one in and blue moon.

Soooooo only time is during office hours. Frustrated too that no one does walkabout or provide courses then. Its always weekends and weekends also nono .

Sigh. Can someone point me to the right direction then. What should i do to further improve my photography. Just shoot during office hours and post for critique ?

Erm. Divorcing is not an option. Haha. My job is flexible though.

Let me hear views or similar frustrations to let me know I'm not the only guy here.
    My Gear : Me, Myself and Joshua
    http://www.newbietophotography.com

Bring them camping during Sch hols?
    Canon 10D/550D /Sigma 17-50mm/Sigma 30mm/Canon 50mm/Sigma 85mm

Default Re: Frustrations

Negotiate with your wife for off-days where you can do your things.

Quote Originally Posted by crysmeth View Post
    Hi all.

Been in me for sometime and just wanna let out and hopefully get someone here to push me in the right direction. Haha.

Love photography and love taking my Kids. I have 3 and they together with my wife takes enormous time.

I want to take sunrise and sunsets yet for Sun rise, waking up early is fine but need to feed my little one. By the time i rush to location will be late. Then need to fetch my 2 others to school then wife to work so can't. Evening's have to fetch wife so sunsets are no no. Only chance is wife on dinner then can whoo hoo take a few. But that's one in and blue moon.

Soooooo only time is during office hours. Frustrated too that no one does walkabout or provide courses then. Its always weekends and weekends also nono .

Sigh. Can someone point me to the right direction then. What should i do to further improve my photography. Just shoot during office hours and post for critique ?

Let me hear views or similar frustrations to let me know I'm not the only guy here.

You can always shoot weekend sunrise, I'm sure your kids don't wake up so early on weekends

arrange something with your wife. a marriage is two people complimenting one another, not one person doing all the work

Choose and discuss to pick one day where you can do sunrise/sunset photography.. I'm sure your family will understand.

mayb can ask yr wife to join you for the sunset shoot
    (maybe she will fell in love in photography as well)
    Canon| Tokina(UWA) | newly added a Tamron(walkabout)

Let your wife understand that she is suffocating you and killing your passion. You sound whipped.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

or just change what you want to shoot.

i haven't exactly shot in ages ever since i am stuck in my new predicament. but it doesn't mean my passion died/stifled. there are other ways to enjoy photography, who said you must be at the end holding cameras?

visiting exhibitions, seeing other people's works, reading photography books is equally fulfilling for me. i shoot in a really really blue moon now haha...

dont stress yourself over photography. if you have to make too much of a sacrifice, then its not a hobby already imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Let your wife understand that she is suffocating you and killing your passion. You sound whipped.
    whoa... that's harsh!

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post

i haven't exactly shot in ages ever since i am stuck in my new predicament. but it doesn't mean my passion died/stifled. there are other ways to enjoy photography, who said you must be at the end holding cameras?

visiting exhibitions, seeing other people's works, reading photography books is equally fulfilling for me. i shoot in a really really blue moon now haha...
    different bro. you're on Tekong Chalet cameras not allowed

Hi all.

Take up IR photography, you don't need to wait for sunrise and sunset.

There are a lot of beautiful Singapore daytime shots, you don't have to rush to have the colors, sometimes, BnW or just having the sunlight on the subject is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart

Haha. I read like maybe 2 hours everyday. Bryan Peterson, Michael freeman, shutterbug, digital photography etc. Haha.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Anyone knows anyone who would do walkabouts during office hours. Haha.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    different bro. you're on Tekong Chalet cameras not allowed
    haha no longer at resort tekong. long story, and a really bad predicament.

my suggestion is:

On a weekend evening
    Cook or Pack some picnic food,
    Bring family to the beach,
    set up a mat or tent(can get from Carrefour/Giant hypermarket from 39.90 depending on size)
    Let the kids play with sand or water or ride bicycle
    Set up your tripod and camera to shoot the sunset

Blog Entries

Haha. I read like maybe 2 hours everyday. Bryan Peterson, Michael freeman, shutterbug, digital photography etc. Haha.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Anyone knows anyone who would do walkabouts during office hours. Haha.
    get a small compact lor. entertain yourself in office ~~ or jsut shoot your kids

bring them along on your little trips? give them an insight on photography and share your passion with them
    canon fan boy ;D

just shoot macro.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos-

Take up IR photography, you don't need to wait for sunrise and sunset.

There are a lot of beautiful Singapore daytime shots, you don't have to rush to have the colors, sometimes, BnW or just having the sunlight on the subject is beautiful.
    Thanks. IR don't do it for me. Cannot appreciate. Great suggestion on BW. THANKS .

Email Tan Chuan Jin, ask him set up more after school care, and also email Heng Swee Kiat and tell him nobody fix a rule to say school must start at 7:30am...start at 10am cannot meh
    Last edited by pachero; 20th May 2012 at 01:16 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast