Thread: LED TV getting costly

Default LED TV getting costly

Wonder why LED TVs are getting costly. This is a reversing trend whereby led tv were getting cheaper by the day.

Got Samsung 40inch smart led tv for S$999 in nov2011 and now it's 1250.

Default Re: LED TV getting costly

Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    Wonder why LED TVs are getting costly. This is a reversing trend whereby led tv were getting cheaper by the day.

Got Samsung 40inch smart led tv for S$999 in nov2011 and now it's 1250.
    Either it's a newer/more advanced model, or the strong SGD is impacting the cost of imported goods.
    Alpha

usually it's just newer features and advancement in technology.

either that, or samsung is testing water to see if consumers will still buy their TVs at higher prices after conquering the market with cheaper prices.

and they might win at that, considering that the world is in Korea-frenzy now

Is the model the same? Was the previous set a heavily discounted display set?

Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy
    Is the model the same? Was the previous set a heavily discounted display set?
    Model almost the same, I see other vendors also raised led tv prices as well.

Korea seriously injured the TV divisions of Sony and Panasonic. So now Korea feels it can raise prices and risk offending the consumer. Japan should see this Korean mistake as an opportunity for the future. The Japanese competition is temporarily hurt but will fight for market share later.

The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - Japanese Join Hands to Fend Off Korean Rivals in OLED TV Market
    Last edited by ricohflex; 20th May 2012 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    bro which brands? purely Korean brands or China, Japan and the others jumping in as well? otherwise we have no way to come up with some crazy speculation on LED TV Pricing in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

bro which brands? purely Korean brands or China, Japan and the others jumping in as well? otherwise we have no way to come up with some crazy speculation on LED TV Pricing in Singapore
    Mostly Korean brands have hiked prices, I am inclined to buy Samsung but now may go in for Sharp or Panasonic.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus80

If it was a 3d vs non 3d sure the former more ex. Last yr when I bought my 55 inch LED tv the 40 inchers looked cheaper than what u mentioned. My friend got a 60 inche Philips recently and they gave him a free 40 inch panel.

Quote Originally Posted by lotus80

Almost the same meaning? Aesthetics? Are the specs the same? Or maybe its the new ones with camera or dual core processor which u cant see from the outside

Quote Originally Posted by bcmy91

Almost the same meaning? Aesthetics? Are the specs the same? Or maybe its the new ones with camera or dual core processor which u cant see from the outside
    Right, let me check on the camera and stuff. Thanks.

Used to be Sony most expensive. Now Samsung seems to be more expensive. To be fair, Samsung has came a long way. Their TV is both aesthetic and good panels.

i just bought a LG 47" almost a month ago. I was told that although the same brand, almost the same features and size, the assembly of the TV may differs. I saw the same LG 47" at a much cheaper price, $300-400 difference. But, the TV panel was different. So i bought the more expensive one.
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    i just bought a LG 47" almost a month ago. I was told that although the same brand, almost the same features and size, the assembly of the TV may differs. I saw the same LG 47" at a much cheaper price, $300-400 difference. But, the TV panel was different. So i bought the more expensive one.
    actually, for TVs, they might have the same 47", just that it's a different model. for me, i tend to "buy once, keep it long". so i got for the best quality that'll last. hence i take japanese brands.

but anyways.. the salesman just conned you. different assembly methods? more like "old TV, lower price" or "different model, different price"

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    actually, for TVs, they might have the same 47", just that it's a different model. for me, i tend to "buy once, keep it long". so i got for the best quality that'll last. hence i take japanese brands.

but anyways.. the salesman just conned you. different assembly methods? more like "old TV, lower price" or "different model, different price"
    Hahaha..as in he said the country which the LED TV was assembled is different. I dunno how true it is, but whatever it is, already signed on the dotted line, no point crying over spilt milk.

Courts also has many ridiculous offers! My uncle bought a 42" last year for S$699...
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    Hahaha..as in he said the country which the LED TV was assembled is different. I dunno how true it is, but whatever it is, already signed on the dotted line, no point crying over spilt milk.

Courts also has many ridiculous offers! My uncle bought a 42" last year for S$699...
    what BS!

country of origin counts for nothing

my NEX-7 with a kit lens made in Japan is still the same price as the one made in Thailand.

it's how they put it across to you.

also, low prices can also mean dumping of old stock or pressure to clear off stock to make way for different models or other brands