Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Little India and the Crowds

  1. #1
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default Little India and the Crowds

    Is there a way to control the crowds -- both blue and white collar people behave like never been to primary school.

    Be it shopping, or walking on road, or not walking and standing still for no reason, disregarding people at taxi stand and stopping taxi on the roads.... And what not.

  2. #2
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Taxi driver told me that his friend got fined by police for hitting a person crossing road. Although it was jaywalking on road, but car driver responsible in any case.

  3. #3
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: Little India and the Crowds

    at least it's better than the real India, once you step on the road likely there will be cow and human dung

  4. #4

    Default Re: Little India and the Crowds

    We were driving past little India last Sunday and my mum asked:" all are Indian men, where are the Indian ladies."

  5. #5
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc
    at least it's better than the real India, once you step on the road likely there will be cow and human dung
    How does that help ?

  6. #6
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nedy77
    We were driving past little India last Sunday and my mum asked:" all are Indian men, where are the Indian ladies."
    Let me correct -- Indian + Bangla + SriLankan + Palistanis + Nepali + .....

    It's a misconception that all are Indian.
    Indians are perhaps better behaved than the others.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Little India and the Crowds

    it's no different for them, in little india or in the indian continent.

    these guys have little or no education, and can't really adapt to our rules and regulations.

    we have to understand that this is their culture and way of life.

    and if you can't stand it... don't go there on the weekends

  8. #8
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309
    it's no different for them, in little india or in the indian continent.

    these guys have little or no education, and can't really adapt to our rules and regulations.

    we have to understand that this is their culture and way of life.

    and if you can't stand it... don't go there on the weekends
    I doubt on that.

    Changi & City areas employ thousands of Indians in IT sector, something you will never know and appreciate.

    Again, generalizing a community is the wisdom of the illiterate.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Little India and the Crowds

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    I doubt on that.

    Changi & City areas employ thousands of Indians in IT sector, something you will never know and appreciate.
    yes.. because somehow i missed that part out. i did recall that i'm just a simple barista. i make coffee for a living. my general knowledge is beneath yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    Again, generalizing a community is the wisdom of the illiterate.
    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    both blue and white collar people behave like never been to primary school.

    Be it shopping, or walking on road, or not walking and standing still for no reason, disregarding people at taxi stand and stopping taxi on the roads.... And what not.


    i don't want to say anything

    Last edited by kei1309; 20th May 2012 at 01:28 AM.

  10. #10
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309

    i don't want to say anything

    Your participation is not helpful anyway.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Little India and the Crowds

    So what are you trying to gain by categorizing the people in little india? dennisc and kei1309 already gave a pretty straight forward reason, what's there to give a damn?
    Last edited by Sgdevilzz; 20th May 2012 at 02:02 AM.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Little India and the Crowds

    Quote Originally Posted by lotus80 View Post
    Your participation is not helpful anyway.
    Objection !!!

  13. #13

    Default Re: Little India and the Crowds

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    or a very old secondary school student enjoying the freedom of the june holidays.

    and yes. it's terrible to drive there on the weekends. going on the weekdays would be much better.

  14. #14
    Member lotus80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    166

    Default

    Looks like this place has more zombies than thinkers and problem solvers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •