Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 445

Thread: nikon 28mm f1.8

  1. #221
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    Yes I agree that..

    But on 28mm advantage on using cropped factor on DX x1.5 = 42mm is consider like standard lens.
    So my trip only bring the single lens of 28mm should be good enough cover from 28mm, 34mm or 42mm in the D800
    Similarly, 24mm on a cropped camera is 35mm... which is also a wide normal FOV, my personal preference. In the end, it boils down to personal preference.

    Still, it does not take away the perspective difference. now matter how you use a crop factor... in the end, your 28mm will still give you the perspective of a 28mm lens.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 22nd June 2012 at 03:46 PM.

  2. #222

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Quote Originally Posted by kero89 View Post
    Very little hunting, almost non existence even in low light (no AF assist light)

    But will report back once it gets to the field. haha

    Thanks kero89. Reason why I asked is because my 35mm f/1.4 does hunt in low light. If 28mm f/1.8 does not hunt, then I can consider switching. Of course both lenses gives different look & view but it's worth looking at it as an alternative... Looking forward to your FR...
    May good light follow wherever you go

  3. #223

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Quote Originally Posted by burningacid View Post
    Thanks kero89. Reason why I asked is because my 35mm f/1.4 does hunt in low light. If 28mm f/1.8 does not hunt, then I can consider switching. Of course both lenses gives different look & view but it's worth looking at it as an alternative... Looking forward to your FR...
    Hey bro. No problem, will FR after forming bond with the lens. haha.

    but if there is any scene u have met up with hunting on ur 35mm, let me know and i can try to replicate to see if it hunts on the 28mm. cause coming from micro lenses which hunt like nobody business, i find the 28mm really a breather for it's AF performance. haha

  4. #224
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    One more here f2.8 he he
    Hope your like the sharpen



    Thanks

  5. #225
    Senior Member Dfive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Singapore lah....
    Posts
    3,085

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Quote Originally Posted by ccbban View Post
    Do you all think Nikon would be releasing the 28mm F/1.4 any time soon to cater the pro ?
    Alr have 24 and 35.... no need for a 28 1.4
    See my WTS items.. :) Any sales is by meet up face to face, payment is cash only.

  6. #226
    Senior Member Hacker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cyberspace
    Posts
    4,239

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kero89

    Very little hunting, almost non existence even in low light (no AF assist light)

    But will report back once it gets to the field. haha
    In low light, it focuses slowly. Using with the D800E.

  7. #227

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Similarly, 24mm on a cropped camera is 35mm... which is also a wide normal FOV, my personal preference. In the end, it boils down to personal preference.

    Still, it does not take away the perspective difference. now matter how you use a crop factor... in the end, your 28mm will still give you the perspective of a 28mm lens.
    hey bro, if you really like your 24 1.8 go ahead i dont think we need you to justify it to us. You are really becoming too defensive to provide any solid arguments to convince CSers here. We are all free to express our opinions but there is no need to try to convince everyone to be a sigma fan

    cheers and peace out

  8. #228
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    how bout this?





    Last edited by rain5533; 24th June 2012 at 09:33 PM.

  9. #229
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Finally Ken rockwell doing the short reviews.

    Ken Rockwell's Photography Updates

  10. #230

    Default

    Ken Rockwell mentioned cannon 5D is better than D800 in the 22nd jun. surprise??

  11. #231
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Quote Originally Posted by Electrocam View Post
    Ken Rockwell mentioned cannon 5D is better than D800 in the 22nd jun. surprise??
    Ken rockwell he wanna more higher ISO and match with canon 5d3..

    One more for 28mm f/1.8G taken like macro shot.
    At the moment got this lens, i don't think i needed the micro lens on this time.
    All the 28mm f/1.8G can do that well.






    Last edited by rain5533; 24th June 2012 at 10:40 PM.

  12. #232
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electrocam
    Ken Rockwell mentioned cannon 5D is better than D800 in the 22nd jun. surprise??
    He is KRW afterall.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  13. #233
    Member zoom3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,017

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    The output from the 28mm f1.8 is certainly looking very good. Thanks rain5533 for sharing the many pics.

  14. #234
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Found this lens is quite useful on architectural gallery.










  15. #235
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Portrait Pose from one of CS Member requested..
    Took on wide open.




  16. #236

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    FR a bit first...

    Twice of about 500 shots on this lens i bump into hunting.. and it just won't stop hunting.. First in void deck lighting, next along esplanade shooting a almost complete dark object with a little light from nearby street lamp (No AF Assist light)

    I guess i can live with the hunting. haha

    Some food close up ( Shots all done on D7000, freshly out from cam lazy to edit)





    Taking this 42mm Equivalent lens on landscape?





    Pardon for those noob shots.. If this can help any potential buyers I'll be glad, hope it doesn't turn away you guys haha..

    Add on.

    What the 40mm could do was even more impressive!

    Last edited by kero89; 25th June 2012 at 12:28 AM.

  17. #237
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    Quote Originally Posted by windforce View Post
    hey bro, if you really like your 24 1.8 go ahead i dont think we need you to justify it to us. You are really becoming too defensive to provide any solid arguments to convince CSers here. We are all free to express our opinions but there is no need to try to convince everyone to be a sigma fan

    cheers and peace out
    Not sure how you got that conclusion I am defensive... I am not a sigma fan. I use what I need to get the job done. Be it Nikon, Sigma, Tamron or even Canon.

  18. #238
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kero89
    FR a bit first...

    Twice of about 500 shots on this lens i bump into hunting.. and it just won't stop hunting.. First in void deck lighting, next along esplanade shooting a almost complete dark object with a little light from nearby street lamp (No AF Assist light)

    I guess i can live with the hunting. haha

    Some food close up ( Shots all done on D7000, freshly out from cam lazy to edit)

    Taking this 42mm Equivalent lens on landscape?

    Pardon for those noob shots.. If this can help any potential buyers I'll be glad, hope it doesn't turn away you guys haha..

    Add on.

    What the 40mm could do was even more impressive!
    Did you found just bring with alone this lens an can keep your macro lens at bome already..
    Even 24-70 f2.8g for close-up focusing still got limit.

  19. #239
    Member GReddyZC76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    singapore, northeast
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: nikon 28mm f1.8

    cute gal. i assume it your gal

    and yes, Barney, my gal favorite too
    Quote Originally Posted by rain5533 View Post
    [D800|AFS2470F2.8G|AFS70200F2.8G|AFS1635F4G|AFS28F1 .8G|AF85F1.8D|AFDC105F2D|SB700|SB900]

  20. #240
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GReddyZC76
    cute gal. i assume it your gal

    and yes, Barney, my gal favorite too
    Ha ha, but learn a lots from Barney song

Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2710111213141722 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •