Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips On Wedding Day Shoots

Default oh ...

oh goodies...u ve time then...once any1 post wedding shoot opportunities here, PLEASE TAG ALONG AND OBSERVE THE SEQUENCE AND NOTE THE 'DIE DIE MUST SHOOT' SHOTS..OF COS, SHOOT A LITTLE AND TRY DIFFERENT SETTINGS. REMEMBER THOSE THAT WORK BEST FOR YOUR CAM.

I may not be available during that period..covering weddings. So, ESPN gets top priority as PRO and VIRGO as NEWBIE

Happy Shooting !!!

Quote Originally Posted by jUzMoO
    Wah... Wedding shoots is really a fav among enthusiastic photograhpher. I'll take note of this as a considerations. Already i person had pm me

I can't promise anything yet, but I do my best to see if I can gets a newbie and 2 pros in... lol. btw, the wedding day dun happens until near end April 05, so I've got plenty of time to mingle with you guys on improving shoots. Let me know of any opportunities and outtings too.

Btw, any more personal wedding photo examples beside CS here I can go through?

not mine ... but worth to see

http://www.tjweddings.com/
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Tips

1. use the kit lens it will be good for 90% of the shoots unless its a church wedding. even then it is safer to use 1 lens than drop a lens while changing or have the wrong lens on at the wrong time and no time to change.

2. use the SB600, use bounce if u can if not use direct the shadows will not kill but not having the pcitures will. Being too artistic can cause u sever pain latter on.

3. batteries always have min twice of what u need - D70 either use the battery casing and populate it with the Lithium batteries as the spare. Flash bring 2 sets.

4. use an appropriate iso - if u need to go to 800 do so forget tryingto do this at 200iso.

5. leave the mono pod at home u will have next to no chance to use it.

6. memory cards - make sure you have enough.

7. nef is great untill you have to process them one by one. For 4R large fine jpg is workable.

8. try to dry run at some one else wedding first.

9 enjoy yrself

Quote Originally Posted by megaweb
    not mine ... but worth to see

http://www.tjweddings.com/
    Nice photos on this site. Read that this US photographer charges 5K - 15K USD per job.

You can view one of the weddings I've done here.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Talking Jus a little advice

Hi, I've been asked by a close friend to do his wedding day photographer. I need some valuable tips and advices on such shoots both on equipment and technical approach. Would be very much appreciate your share of your expertise on this area. Thank you.
    Hi JusMoo.. my name is Andrew..
    My advices is to 1) sleep as early as possible n try not to think too much abt de next day. 2) eat sometin light on your breakfast n drink lots of water.3)remember all batt..charge them de nite b4 n bring some spare batt if possible. 4)keep a look out on their small little movements n facial expression..5)dont forget to snaps some shots on their wedding displays.6) communicate wif de couple more often..tell them wat r your ideas.
    Dinner: 7)be there early n racky de dinner plc b4 de couple comes. 8) plan your table shots b4 hand (beware of de mirror reflections) 9)pay more attentions on de couple n follow them (if possible) 10)get ready for de ending part when ppls r leaving..

dis is wat i can think of so far.. all de best n gd luck

Cheers!

Andrew. hp 90903969 call me if u need.

Deregistered

Actually... it's recce... oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    You can view one of the weddings I've done here.
    Virgo, these are nice and simple compose wedding shoots. I luv it. I like 43, 57 & 75. Some questions:

I understand that being the photographer for the event, you have to be dare to ask for certain posture, and some purpose request for certain shoots too. But all these needs to be sensitive and flexible too. This is to help achieve certain composite. Dose this happens in your case too?

Do u use ext flash (with bounce cards?) for all these shoots?

What are the common setting F-stop, speed, Exposure Compensation (if any) and so on you use here?

Dun mind ask so much. As things came up my mind, I would see if I can ask as much so all can learn.

Virgo, these are nice and simple compose wedding shoots. I luv it. I like 43, 57 & 75. Some questions:

I understand that being the photographer for the event, you have to be dare to ask for certain posture, and some purpose request for certain shoots too. But all these needs to be sensitive and flexible too. This is to help achieve certain composite. Dose this happens in your case too?

Do u use ext flash (with bounce cards?) for all these shoots?

What are the common setting F-stop, speed, Exposure Compensation (if any) and so on you use here?

Dun mind ask so much. As things came up my mind, I would see if I can ask as much so all can learn.
    1. Try to relax and be natural. Crack jokes with the couple so that they relax too. Once everyone is in a jovial mood, their poses should become natural, and they'll be more willing to pose for you. I can't discribe how you can achieve certain poses, you have to act according to the situation. Try to make use of the existing surroundings and objects like the widow, bed, etc. For my case you've seen in the pics, I know the bride for quite some time already and she know my style. So everything comes naturally.

2. I use external flash without bounce cards, but I make use of the ceiling for bouncing the light.

3. A combination of settings I use here, can't really say any standard settings. Flash exposure compensation is a must for me.

Hope this helps.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Keeping a sharp and clear mind is absolutely necessary. Cannot afford to be blur. As a late sleeper, I once slept only 2 hours before I had to wake up and be at the bride's place at 0530 hrs. The wedding day was continuous until 11 pm in the evening. I had ways to keep awake and alert effectively -- had coffees, 2 bottles of essence of chicken in the morning and afternoon, and mint sweets. It was fun and satisfying.

Always keep close to the couple like bodyguards and pay attention to every little movement they make. (they got so used to me being around that they had personal conversations, treating me like invisible, while I get to take snap shots). So the point is let the couple feel very comfortable with you around.

just a question: When you start shooting in the wee hours of morning. Where would you go to first? the bride's place or the groom's place?

Mostly I've seen shots of the bride getting ready/dressing up and all.. so it's a standard procedure to go to the bride's place first? So how to capture the groom's side - like preparing ways to twang the sabo session, preparing ang bao money and all?
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    just a question: When you start shooting in the wee hours of morning. Where would you go to first? the bride's place or the groom's place?

Mostly I've seen shots of the bride getting ready/dressing up and all.. so it's a standard procedure to go to the bride's place first? So how to capture the groom's side - like preparing ways to twang the sabo session, preparing ang bao money and all?
    The bride is mostly and always the centre of attention. The photographer reports to the bride's place early in the morning to watch her makeup...and shoot of course. If the couple have the budget, they can certainly hire a backup photographer to cover the groom's side. Few may do so, as they normally leave this task to the groom's kakis -- using videocams or P&S.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12