Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Do you review every shot?

  1. #21

    Default

    They probably had similar arguments when the first metering system or autofocus was invented.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default

    actually it is quite important to review as i once found that my lens hood is causing vignetting by built in flash ... and if i dun review then jia lat liao!

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo
    actually it is quite important to review as i once found that my lens hood is causing vignetting by built in flash ... and if i dun review then jia lat liao!
    you miss the point of the thread starter... review for EVERY shot?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Some equitorial, tropical isle
    Posts
    2,398

    Default

    I leave my LCD review on ... UNLESS I need faster responds from my DSLR. When I turn it off, its usually becoz I would have no time to review.

    If its a leisurely shoot, yes, it is left on and I review once in a while. Just to confirm if there are any blown highlights most of the time. DSLR is very sensitive to overexposure as its dynamic range is limited.

    The screen is there, use it. If not we'd still be using swords and bows & arrows. As an anology, if you are that purist, you'd be using a paint brush and canvas to paint a scene...

    Another anology, studio shooters are known to use polaroid backs as instant feedback before the digital era. They shoot a polaroid to confirm settings and switch to film backs for the actual shot. SO in a sense, you are doing what professionals did back then!

  5. #25
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default

    i only check the histogram (once in a while).
    normally during shooting where got time to review...
    newbie should learn using histogram, not by looking at the photos taken.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scud
    i only check the histogram (once in a while).
    normally during shooting where got time to review...
    newbie should learn using histogram, not by looking at the photos taken.
    Same as scud. I usually give the histogram a quick glance to check for exposure.

  7. #27

    Default

    i also view the histogram more than the image, esp now my camera do not have playback zoom, dun bother to view it liao.

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    16

    Default

    haha just realised that there are ppl who don't review every shot.
    haha i just assumed that it's a norm to look at what u have taken.
    that's y i even bought a digi cam. instant results. can reshoot just in case u not happy.
    hehehe guess we learn something everday... =p

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Western SG
    Posts
    1,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cHiLiPaDi
    haha just realised that there are ppl who don't review every shot.
    haha i just assumed that it's a norm to look at what u have taken.
    that's y i even bought a digi cam. instant results. can reshoot just in case u not happy.
    hehehe guess we learn something everday... =p
    try it... and you might like it since you shoot 'faster' now.
    BTW, we are talking more no DSLR as we use viewfinder to compose.
    I do that with my C4040 digicam, save battery also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •