Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Picture colour

  1. #1

    Default Picture colour

    Erm hi everyone. i'm not sure if this is correct place to post

    i was looking around for some picture and i came across this few

    Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

    i just want to know if all these picture color are set inside the camera itself or by using photoshop ?
    anyone want to enlighten me ?
    thanks =D

  2. #2

    Default

    Why not ask the photographers themselves?

    That being said, those images just look desaturated. Can set in-camera. The phone Booth one looks slightly cross-processed, you can look at the digital darkroom section for how to do this in Photoshop.

    Blur was also added to the edges.
    Last edited by Rashkae; 18th May 2012 at 12:46 PM.
    Alpha

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Picture colour

    Quote Originally Posted by tengpathy View Post
    Erm hi everyone. i'm not sure if this is correct place to post

    i was looking around for some picture and i came across this few

    Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

    i just want to know if all these picture color are set inside the camera itself or by using photoshop ?
    anyone want to enlighten me ?
    thanks =D
    first and third pix are shot on film, see the tag,

    Google "urban acid" for photoshop
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4

    Default Re: Picture colour

    So these photo are either photoshop or shot by using film.

    can canon dslr without photoshop produce this type of effect that near there ?

  5. #5

    Default

    For 1 and 3, yes. Reduce saturation like I said. For 2, you need to get your hands dirty.

    Remember, a dslr is designed to give you as much control in post process as possible, and not do everything for you.
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: Picture colour

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    For 1 and 3, yes. Reduce saturation like I said. For 2, you need to get your hands dirty.

    Remember, a dslr is designed to give you as much control in post process as possible, and not do everything for you.
    why would you consider #2 "getting yourself dirty"? especially with your last sentence which summarize the essence and the "right attitude" towards post processing

    IDK, I just get the idea that there are some people that hates PP-ed pictures to the core

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by avsquare

    why would you consider #2 "getting yourself dirty"? especially with your last sentence which summarize the essence and the "right attitude" towards post processing

    IDK, I just get the idea that there are some people that hates PP-ed pictures to the core
    I said "get your hands dirty" not "get yourself dirty". In the English language, "getting your hands dirty" is a common expression that means "do some work".

    In other words you did not understand what I typed.
    Alpha

  8. #8

    Default Re: Picture colour

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    I said "get your hands dirty" not "get yourself dirty". In the English language, "getting your hands dirty" is a common expression that means "do some work".

    In other words you did not understand what I typed.
    Hmm. I see, indeed I misinterpreted what you've typed. I admit my command of English is lousy

    My bad.

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Picture colour

    Quote Originally Posted by tengpathy View Post
    So these photo are either photoshop or shot by using film.

    can canon dslr without photoshop produce this type of effect that near there ?
    may you can try shoot with iphone,
    but even you shoot it with iphone, you still need to download some app to post process it.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    I do know that some cameras have art filters that you can use

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •