Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: no more jacky wu?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deslim27
    IMO, they will make Channel U programs crappy and force the viewership to rock bottom.. then announce "Closure of Channel U due to poor viewership".. Why pay double running cost for a same group of crowd?
    ya, think this is possible... if they keep doing in this way, sooner or later move only...

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default

    the guess show on sunday ch8 are very out dated ones right? like 6 months back? Only Ch U screened the more recent ones.. then again.. aiz.. no more balance in this stressful life...
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic
    I've seen some of the strangest things on Mediacorps TV, the one I really can't stand are those trailers for the PSC Nite. The show is okay, but why do they have to get the hosts to wear funny costumes and say not-so-funny ridiculous lines on TV. It's sort of quite out of point. It's good to be not-so-serious for variety show, but it doesn't been you have to be irrevelant.
    maybe they have no suitable shows to make use of these costumes, once in a while, they get someone to wear them so the costumes won't grow mold / fungus...just like camera equipment.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    hey dudes, don't bother watching the taiwanese variety shows shown in sg... it sucks, all the nice hokkien jokes were cut.... Download the fresh, uncut episodes from BT better...

    I stopped watching local TV for nearly a year now. Never missed anything. Local TV = CRAP, but i do enjoy the occasional parliament 'debate'.. very amusing
    did you mention the magic word "download"?
    dangerous act for this year, at least now.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    West Coast of sunny Singapore
    Posts
    1,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deslim27
    IMO, they will make Channel U programs crappy and force the viewership to rock bottom.. then announce "Closure of Channel U due to poor viewership".. Why pay double running cost for a same group of crowd?
    actually, they can shut channel u now if they really want to. i don't think there is any specific claus in the merger agreement that says they MUST keep it on the air.

    at least, the media reports didn't say that. they only said they'll positively close channel i, and LIKELY keep channel u, which means they have the right to shut it

  6. #26

    Default

    No more Jacky Wu, Kang Kang and Nono.
    Weekday nights will never be the same again.

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by obviousdude
    actually, they can shut channel u now if they really want to. i don't think there is any specific claus in the merger agreement that says they MUST keep it on the air.

    at least, the media reports didn't say that. they only said they'll positively close channel i, and LIKELY keep channel u, which means they have the right to shut it
    agreed with you, think they really have the right to do so... now is juz waiting for the suitable timing only

    Quote Originally Posted by Venom81
    No more Jacky Wu, Kang Kang and Nono.
    Weekday nights will never be the same again.
    last time at least still hv some funny shows to look forward to after a day of work, but now weekday nights no more light variety show
    Last edited by ivan; 6th January 2005 at 09:19 AM.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ivan
    last time at least still hv some funny shows to look forward to after a day of work, but now weekday nights no more light variety show
    Still have some local programs at channel 8 but no as good as Jacky Wu's variety only.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    279

    Default

    now.. hardly can watch japanese anima

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by therat
    now.. hardly can watch japanese anima
    Ya. Hellsing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •