Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10151819202122253045 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB discussion. *63* - New Gaffer is??

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB discussion. *63* - New Gaffer is

1-0 to Rodgers: New Liverpool boss refused to work under a sporting director

Ballsy Brendan stood firm against plans to parachute Louis van Gaal in over his head – and has recorded his first victory at the club!

Brendan Rodgers has agreed a three-year deal to become Liverpool’s new manager.

And, in a major boost to Rodgers, Louis van Gaal looks increasingly unlikely to be appointed over him as sporting director.

Rodgers, 39, agreed to become Liverpool boss on a £3million a year deal, after speaking to Reds officials, including chairman Tom Werner, on Wednesday.

The Ulsterman then travelled to south Wales to tell Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins that he wanted to quit the Liberty Stadium after two years to move to Anfield.

Liverpool will pay nearly £5m in compensation for the remaining three seasons of a contract Rodgers signed earlier this year.

Van Gaal pressed his claims to become manager when he spoke to Liverpool officials, but they feel that the 60-year-old Dutchman does not fit the profile they are looking for.

It means Rodgers will have more control at Anfield if the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach - a huge footballing figure with an ego to match - does not come in.

However, Liverpool's owners Fenway Sports Group are still committed to overhauling their management structure and reserve-team boss Pep Segura is expected to be promoted to a senior technical director role.

Some fans had wanted to see European Cup-winning boss Rafa Benitez return to Anfield after the sacking of Kenny Dalglish, but the majority have welcomed Rodgers’ appointment and are prepared to give him a chance.

FSG owner John W Henry believes Rodgers perfectly fits the profile he wanted of a young, rising manager.

The American is hugely impressed by the CV of Rodgers, who learned his trade under Jose Mourinho before cutting his managerial teeth with Watford and Reading.

Henry will back his new manager and provide him with a transfer kitty of up to £25m to finance a challenge for a Champions League place.

Rodgers has travelled extensively around Europe studying different coaching techniques, and speaks Spanish and Italian.

The Ulsterman is also committed to playing passing football, which is a major plus in his favour.

Part of the reason Kopites turned on Dalglish's predecessor Roy Hodgson was because they felt his tactics were too direct.

Henry has come under fire for casting his net so wide, but feels he will be vindicated by his decision to go for Rodgers.

After initially rebuffing Liverpool because he did not want to be part of a beauty contest, Rodgers was happy to speak to the Reds when he knew they were serious about appointing him.

There was no official word from Liverpool on Wednesday night.

They may wait until Friday - the day they parade their new Warrior Sports-made kit - to unveil Rodgers.

curry sauce
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB discussion. *63* - New Gaffer is

Pool to hold press conference at 10am UK time - think it's time to unveil Rodgers.
    Wonder if he will be able to bring out the potentials of the exiles - Joe Cole, Aquilani as well as the season underachievers - Downing, Henderson, Adam?
    theDevilisinthedetails.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelion
    I'm MEETING Bell..... AMY..... TOMORROW!!! WOHOOoooOo! Can't wait for my Warrior Jersey!
    Is he coming to Queensway?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Is he coming to Queensway?
    My friend told me he will appear at Westons store at around 3pm later today..

Quote Originally Posted by tazzie21

My friend told me he will appear at Westons store at around 3pm later today..
    Queensway or Peninsular branch?

Not that optimistic but think that LFC in the coming season shall not be doing worst than this season *fingers and toes crossed*

Queenway...from 3pm-5pm...

Quote Originally Posted by tazzie21
    But its for 50 person..private event..shown at FB

Sigurdsson set to follow Rodgers to Liverpool

Following the imminent arrival of Brendan Rodgers at Anfield, the Scot is reported to next be joined by Icelandic international Gylfi Sigurdsson, according toThe Daily Mail .

The 22 year old attacking midfielder impressed Rodgers during his 5 month loan spell at Swansea City from Hoffenheim, and was on the brink of signing a permanent contract at the Liberty Stadium. Liverpool are now looking to snatch him just before The Swans, as Rodgers first signing as boss at Anfield.

With 7 goals and 3 assists in 17 appearances for Swansea since January, Sigurdsson was an instant hit with Swans fans, and played an important role as Brendan Rodgers guided them to an impressive 11th place finish.

Swansea were under the impression Sigurdsson was all but theirs, as they agreed personal terms and a £6.8 million fee with Hoffenheim. However, a medical has not yet taken place and Liverpool are attempting to hijack the deal.

Hoffenheim’s communications manager Holger Tromp was quick to dismiss that Swansea had in fact signed Sigurdsson, as he told The Telegraph Sport : ‘He (Sigurdsson) is a player with a regular contract in Hoffenheim and we expect him to be back in training on June 18th.’

The departure of Swansea’s manger to Liverpool could now become worse as they face losing the Icelandic playmaker to their former boss.

Gylfi Sigurdsson set to follow Brendan Rodgers to Anfield. | FootballFanCast.com

Quote Originally Posted by tazzie21 View Post
    Anyone going down? I may be going there to "add to the warm" (Kuay Seo)

Already here..bot 2 new jerseys to get 1 pass..

Pro !!!! snap some photos and put it here hor. keke

i think i go n buy tomolo.

tnite got co. D&D. nid to go n jiak bahbah!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Bro how much they sell the jersey? I pia there now, hope still in time...

To get pass must spend $198, 50% goes to Bellamy Foundation..so i got man longsleeve & ladies shortsleeve just nice $198

Im wearing my longsleeve liao..haha..anyone coming?

Quote Originally Posted by roDz
    Im wearing my longsleeve liao..haha..anyone coming?
    Take a photo and post here leh...crowded?

Free LFC Warrior scarf..

Wa so happening there !!! I got my pre ordered #8 Long sleeve medium, T shirt cutting so bro with Tummy no worries... Material is light, smooth n thin very nice!! Only complain is the sleeve is very baggy at the biceps to elbow area. May be I should have gotten the small size. Got the shorts too medium thin material too nice nice !!
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Quote Originally Posted by airfins View Post
    Wa so happening there !!! I got my pre ordered #8 Long sleeve medium, T shirt cutting so bro with Tummy no worries... Material is light, smooth n thin very nice!! Only complain is the sleeve is very baggy at the biceps to elbow area. May be I should have gotten the small size. Got the shorts too medium thin material too nice nice !!
    Waaa sound gd. Got time must go stores see see look look liao