Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Thread: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB discussion. *63* - New Gaffer is??

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB discussion. *63* - New Gaffer is

Quote Originally Posted by roDz View Post
    Haha..same goes to Martinez
    i'm not too hopeful with him but still, will gif him the support and respect.

even graeme souness and... king kenny's 2nd coming.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: You'll Never Walk Alone! LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB discussion. *63* - New Gaffer is

Liverpool Offer Roberto Martinez Manager’s Job

Liverpool have offered Roberto Martinez the manager’s job at Anfield after holding talks earlier this week, according to Dave Whelan.

The Wigan chairman has had a direct line to talks between Martinez and John Henry in Miami, and has now revealed that the club have “made Roberto an offer”.

Further talks are expected to be held on Tuesday to thrash out an agreement, with Martinez seeking more control than was originally offered up by FSG.

This could yet prove to be a spanner in the works, as the whole idea of hiring a coach was to relieve them of certain duties and allow them to focus solely on day-to-day footballing matters.

http://www.kopsource.com/liverpool-o...-managers-job/

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Liverpool Offer Roberto Martinez Manager’s Job

Liverpool have offered Roberto Martinez the manager’s job at Anfield after holding talks earlier this week, according to Dave Whelan.

The Wigan chairman has had a direct line to talks between Martinez and John Henry in Miami, and has now revealed that the club have “made Roberto an offer”.

Further talks are expected to be held on Tuesday to thrash out an agreement, with Martinez seeking more control than was originally offered up by FSG.

This could yet prove to be a spanner in the works, as the whole idea of hiring a coach was to relieve them of certain duties and allow them to focus solely on day-to-day footballing matters.

http://www.kopsource.com/liverpool-o...-managers-job/
    sianz

Haiz, same same.....not sianz half, is totally sianz...

So I am guessing we will see 5-6 $5 million players, some from Wigan too......

bit of a gamble on martinez, but sometimes gambles pay off. wish martinez the best if he is appoined LFC's new manager.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    bit of a gamble on martinez, but sometimes gambles pay off. wish martinez the best if he is appoined LFC's new manager.
    Bro zaren..you are being too nice..must be abit ruthless sometimes..haha..i dont have confident in Martinez..guess we will be fighting with 4 teams at the bottom..SIGH..

Quote Originally Posted by koppite View Post
    Haiz, same same.....not sianz half, is totally sianz...

So I am guessing we will see 5-6 $5 million players, some from Wigan too......
    Expected. Coach always like to bring their godson to new club.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552

Expected. Coach always like to bring their godson to new club.
    So who is Wigan best player?

So who is Wigan best player?
    I don't know any Wigan players in my memory. lol.

I don't know any Wigan players in my memory. lol.
    Haha..i only know they beat us..

Bro zaren..you are being too nice..must be abit ruthless sometimes..haha..i dont have confident in Martinez..guess we will be fighting with 4 teams at the bottom..SIGH..
    you never know....RDM didn't have any top-tier managerial experience before managing CFC, yet he managed to do well. at least Martinez will improve LFC's passing game and hopefully unlock the full potential of Downing and Co.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Martinez offered Liverpool job
    Wigan chairman suggests level of managerial control could be an issue[/B]

Last Updated: May 25, 2012 6:03pm

Roberto Martinez has been offered the chance to manage Liverpool according to Wigan chairman Dave Whelan.

Wigan boss Martinez was in Miami on Thursday for talks with Reds owner JW Henry about succeeding Kenny Dalglish as manager of the Anfield club.

Whelan has confirmed that Liverpool have made an offer to his manager and a decision will be made within the next week.

The only sticking point would appear to be whether Martinez will be given the level of control he demands.

"I have just spoken to Roberto," Whelan told Sky Sports News on Friday. "He went yesterday to Miami and had a very constructive meeting with the owner of Liverpool.

"They're going to talk again on Tuesday. They've made Roberto an offer and he has agreed to consider it.

"He is also aware that I have said 'I'd love to keep you but I need a decision by Wednesday or Thursday of next week'.

"If we lose him we've got to move and appoint someone for Wigan Athletic.

"In the meeting I think they've made him an offer and he's said 'what are my responsibilities'.

"These are American owners and the rules and regulations are a bit different from what we English set down.

"Roberto is a seven days a week, 12 hours a day worker and I don't know whether they realise how hard he works.

"He has rules and regulations to be fully in charge of football and I know he won't move anywhere unless he is fully in charge of the football.
    Consideration

"I think he's considering it and I think he'll give it fair consideration."

Asked to clarify whether Martinez is set to become Liverpool's new manager, Whelan added: "I couldn't say that 100% for sure. They have made him an offer, I don't know what that offer is.

"I think he has said thank you for the offer but I only work when I have complete control of football.

"But he's having another meeting with them on Tuesday when he says a decision will be made."

"If he goes to Liverpool we will wish him good luck and get on with the business."

Asked if this meant Wigan are now actively seeking a new manager, Whelan said: "I would never do that until Roberto says one thing or the other. I want desperately to keep Roberto.

"I have said I would like to know one way or the other by next Thursday."

curry sauce yo!
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 26th May 2012 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roDz
    Their era already over with last season mansiptea's league win.

Liverpool will be a mid table team judging by the manager they are hiring and will not be able to challenge for the top 4. At least be patient with King Kenny.

Quote Originally Posted by White Wolf
    Liverpool will be a mid table team judging by the manager they are hiring and will not be able to challenge for the top 4. At least be patient with King Kenny.
    Ghost!

Van Gaal wants Reds manager's job

Louis van Gaal has told Liverpool that he is looking for a management role, rather than a position as a director of football, as his next job.

Louis Van Gaal tells Liverpool he wants manager's job - ESPN Soccernet
    Last edited by roadrunner_552; 26th May 2012 at 08:39 PM.

Reds set to renew Guardiola interest

Liverpool will make another effort to discover this weekend whether they can convince Pep Guardiola to take over the managerial reins at Anfield.

Liverpool to renew interest in outgoing Barca boss Pep Guardiola - ESPN Soccernet

Van Gaal wants Reds manager's job

Louis van Gaal has told Liverpool that he is looking for a management role, rather than a position as a director of football, as his next job.

Louis Van Gaal tells Liverpool he wants manager's job - ESPN Soccernet
    Reds set to renew Guardiola interest

Liverpool will make another effort to discover this weekend whether they can convince Pep Guardiola to take over the managerial reins at Anfield.

Liverpool to renew interest in outgoing Barca boss Pep Guardiola - ESPN Soccernet
    Now we are talking..both good enough for me..though for long term..we must "seduce" Pep..

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast