Thread: Pressurised air for cleaning? Absolute no-no?

Default Pressurised air for cleaning? Absolute no-no?

At first thought, using pressurised air from an air canister (Those that are used for cleaning dust and can be picked up from sim lim) to clean the insides of a dSLR sounds like suicide.

My question is
    can it be used at all (with the requisite amount of care) or is it completely off limits to cleaning the insides (or even the outsides) of a dSLR?

If not then why not? (I would like to know why if it's not too much trouble to explain )

Never use Pressurised air to blow inside your camera!!! My friend spray onto his Minolta Dynax 800si and guess what?! His focusing screen kena fogged-up!
    Never ever try that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by radedward
    At first thought, using pressurised air from an air canister (Those that are used for cleaning dust and can be picked up from sim lim) to clean the insides of a dSLR sounds like suicide.

My question is
    can it be used at all (with the requisite amount of care) or is it completely off limits to cleaning the insides (or even the outsides) of a dSLR?

If not then why not? (I would like to know why if it's not too much trouble to explain )
    simple explanation:. the air is compressed in the cylinder. when released, the difference in pressure causes rapid expansion. when this occurs, heat will be rapidly conducted away from the surface that u sprayed on, resulting in condensation on that specific surface.

thanks for the info